+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 'NEBO 8 -Sat 6th May 2017 - St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport

I'm inthescottishmafia.

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Micky.

Nice mound of coal there ! Can I have a bag full ?

I'm Mike.

Just tried to book a room and apparently the lady who has the tenancy at The Chimneys at the moment isn't going to carry on, she told me that she needed to speak to the person who made the booking for NEBO, i'm guessing that's Rich, she said that calling everyone who has made a booking is on her to do list, i'd suggest giving her a call asap.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Just tried to book a room and apparently the lady who has the tenancy at The Chimneys at the moment isn't going to carry on, she told me that she needed to speak to the person who made the booking for NEBO, i'm guessing that's Rich, she said that calling everyone who has made a booking is on her to do list, i'd suggest giving her a call asap.
    Thanks Mike, she hasn't rung me yet.

What a bloody palaver!
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Martin.

I guess we're going to need another venue...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I guess we're going to need another venue...
    I've just tried to call the hotel and only getting voicemail.

Watch this space.

I'm Rich.

Hmmm, so the landlady of the proposed venue hasn't got back to me or emailed as she said she would.

Looks like I'm going to start thinking about a plan B venue. I'm sort of reluctant to move things further north as it seems to work for people coming from all over, I will avoid Newcastle city centre because of parking issues although it might tempt those who want to come by train.

So, I'll open it up to suggestions. I know an excellent possible venue in Saltburn a bit further south than the previous locations. What do people think about that?

I'm Martin.

Just a thought Rich but you could try The Windmill again. it is possible that they have now recanted on their high price for room hire. Plus I reckon we spend well over a grand between us on food and drink at these events so that could be used as a bargaining chip. That big room downstairs was pretty much ideal, I thought. It may be that they are booked up with weddings or whatever but if not what hotelier wants to turn down that kind of business? Worth a try?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ken.

Saltburn - Too far off the beaten track.

We need a venue fairly close to the main trunk roads or motorways, so journey time for folks travelling distances is kept reasonable.
    Gear gets tossed around more on the twisty roads as well.

I'll let you know if I think of anywhere.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Just a thought Rich but you could try The Windmill again. it is possible that they have now recanted on their high price for room hire. Plus I reckon we spend well over a grand between us on food and drink at these events so that could be used as a bargaining chip. That big room downstairs was pretty much ideal, I thought. It may be that they are booked up with weddings or whatever but if not what hotelier wants to turn down that kind of business? Worth a try?
    Yes, that thought had occurred to me and I've called them.

It will be Monday before I can speak to the manager.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast