+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Head to head: Sony CDP-XB920E Vs CDP-XB920E modified

I'm Nobody.

Your better using a dedicated power supply for the clock replacement instaed of the players power..I think i'd rather stick with Trichord & the never connected power supply.

O my dear god, I knew this player was something special but I didn't realise it was that well engineered. And to think I got this for £70 I am now feeling the cat really has had it's cream. I would really REALLY love to know how to preform the mods! and to think I was going to sell it

Currently have this partnerd with an Arcam Alpha 9 amp and Heybrook HB1 speakers. Although as much as I love the Heybrook HB1 speakers I think they are a little over excited for the Sony and Arcam...any thoughts?
    Last edited by geneticaurora; 16-09-2010 at 15:20. Reason: Felt like it

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi 'geneticaurora',

Welcome to AOS

Could you please pop into the Welcome area and introduce yourself to our community by supplying your first name, basic geographic location, system details and music tastes, as this is the requirement for all new members joining AOS.

Cheers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm albert.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    All components in the analogue signal path have been replaced, including the resistors.

I do have the service manual with the circuit diagrams and component lists. If you'd like it, I can scan it in for you.

Interestingly, there's a few hidden features on this player, including a jitter meter! I'll say that again, it has a JITTER METER !!! I've enclosed an attachment of a pic I've just taken of my players jitter (playing an ordinary music track). On the left of the display is 08 this means that the laser is at the 0 focus bias point. On the right of the display is the number 14. This means (as far as I am aware) that the player has a jitter of 14 ps (picoseconds peak-to-peak). However, this isn't the total jitter of the player, just the jitter from the laser. This measurement is used to set the 0 focus bias point.

There is also a mechanism auto-check facility: With the player mech open and the unit turned on, put a disk in with the puck. Then press close + stop + music scan SIMULTANEOUSLY. It takes a few trys to get it right, then watch the player go through 6 self-check stages. The self-check auto-cycles, unless there is an error, it which case it will come up with the "Error" and the error number.

P.s. If anyone wants the details of how to access the jitter meter, just pm me.
    Kris, I tried to PM you - I just bought this machine. But you do not have the visitor messages on!

I'm Rens.

Any new on jitter-meter? How can I get acces to it ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234