+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner 2049

I'm Justin.

I'm Steve.

Yes I read this also.....mind you money at box office does not necessarily indicate success! The same indie piece suggest long term playability...whatever that is.
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

I'm Neil.

Saw it today, too long, way too long. The story could have been told much quicker. Depressing film. Music score awful. Acting was fine, the action scenes what there was were fine but .... I am on the fence as to whether I like it or don't like it.
    Regards Neil

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Saw it today, too long, way too long. The story could have been told much quicker. Depressing film. Music score awful. Acting was fine, the action scenes what there was were fine but .... I am on the fence as to whether I like it or don't like it.
    The opinion I've been waiting on...
    My experience Neil with films that leave you like that after an initial viewing are slow burners and can take a while?
    Worth a second viewing maybe?

Did you prefer Ghost in the Shell?

Disappointed to hear about the score mind you, lost a bit of excitment for it when I heard Zimmer had taken over the reigns.
    As much as I the Hans' stuff (Planet Earth II themes amongst his best work imo) he's not the only composer in town and I wished they'd took more of a chance.
    The original composer for it (big fan of his) might have been a bit less awful.

There was a series of three short films building up to 2049 backstory, the last one being Anime similar to the Animatrix and the score blew my socks off.
    Get that guy!

Dont want to hear score before I see the film.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Deleted.

Ghost in the Shell was very disappointing in my opinion. I saw Blade Runner 2049 last Sunday and it's a far superior film than Ghost in the Shell. It is very long and rather downbeat (but then so was the original). The premise is more adventurous than the original and its pretty epic in every sense.
    Account Deleted

I'm Steve.

Ghost in the shell was dreadful all round...far too much CGI action which just serves to distract from what was an ok story.

I have the BR 2049 OST here and can say I am glad Johannssen was ditched. Much as I love his work I feel he, like Richter is producing far too much samey music at present. The Wallfisch/Zimmer score ticks all the boxes with me and has just enough of a Nod to some of the Motifs from the original score.

I'm looking forward to many viewings of 2049!
    Steve

I'm Gary.

I loved the Manga original, didnt get on at all with the Hollywood remake.
    Made me want to rewatch the original again.

Best thing about it was seeing the schoolteacher from Battle Royal again!
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Gary.

Have to say I hear you on what your saying on Johannsson, as good as Arrival was He really needs another Sicario to remind people just what he can do.

Love Max Richter, (his Leftovers score was tremendous) but his works very much a niche...you know what to expect and you want more of it.

Looking forward to seeing the film with an open mind, despite the original film being in my top 3 and having 8 versions of Vangelis' score! (Esper being my favourite)
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Have to say I hear you on what your saying on Johannsson, as good as Arrival was He really needs another Sicario to remind people just what he can do.

Love Max Richter, (his Leftovers score was tremendous) but his works very much a niche...you know what to expect and you want more of it.

Looking forward to seeing the film with an open mind, despite the original film being in my top 3 and having 8 versions of Vangelis' score! (Esper being my favourite)
    I love Esper edition though I've only managed a pinched version
    As for Vangelis...I have pretty much listened to L'Apocalypse des Animaux every night before I sleep for the past 20 odd years!
    Steve

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    The opinion I've been waiting on...
    My experience Neil with films that leave you like that after an initial viewing are slow burners and can take a while?
    Worth a second viewing maybe?

Did you prefer Ghost in the Shell?

Disappointed to hear about the score mind you, lost a bit of excitment for it when I heard Zimmer had taken over the reigns.
    As much as I the Hans' stuff (Planet Earth II themes amongst his best work imo) he's not the only composer in town and I wished they'd took more of a chance.
    The original composer for it (big fan of his) might have been a bit less awful.

There was a series of three short films building up to 2049 backstory, the last one being Anime similar to the Animatrix and the score blew my socks off.
    Get that guy!

Dont want to hear score before I see the film.
    Still have to see it, so no idea as to how bad or good it is. I have the anime but never got round to watching it.

Another issue is the dating, way too futuristic for such a short gap in time compared to now. Big mistake dating anything, space 1999 anyone lol
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast