Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Profiting from forum sales

I'm jamie.

not on the original sales thread on this forum it wasnt,there was even a video posted showing it working,that whole thread stunk in my opinion and the forum owner agreed with me in a pm.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Mike.

I use Ebay and others to work out what the price ought to be.
    If there is an Ebay price I advertise for less - and deliver more where I can.
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    not on the original sales thread on this forum it wasnt,there was even a video posted showing it working,that whole thread stunk in my opinion and the forum owner agreed with me in a pm.
    That was dealt with at the time. We were talking about the eBay listing I thought.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm jamie.

ah,very confusing lol.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Martin.

Tell me about it.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Matthew.

I understand that the art of sound itself is in a tricky position, however, I do find it odd that a forum that prides itself on "ethos" is not concerned about the "business of compelling people to act morally".

Potential calculated profiteering is considered acceptable, yet if good people fail to add a picture to their advert, they're publicly castigated. Seems contradictory to me.

I'm Martin.

I'm not sure that I follow your logic. The pictures rule is nothing to do with compelling people to act morally.

In any case it is the 'compelling' side of things I was emphasising. This isn't a moral training academy, so we only really want members who already know how to act decently. If anyone is confused about what that entails then this isn't the place to come and learn.

As far as posing as a private seller to profiteer is concerned, if anyone has good reason to think this is happening, PM one of the mods. We very rarely get any complaints about the sales section, and it is very busy. So such instances are pretty rare. But if noticed they will be dealt with according to all the circumstances.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    Jamie I take offense to that. The original thread CLEARLY stated it was for spares or repairs....and it sold for a measly £75... I really can't see how anyone can say that the thread 'stunk' as you put it. I don't know why people keep bringing this very old thread up
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Jamie I take offense to that. The original thread CLEARLY stated it was for spares or repairs....and it sold for a measly £75... I really can't see how anyone can say that the thread 'stunk' as you put it. I don't know why people keep bringing this very old thread up
    This guys obviously on a wind up Bev. Fukim.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    This guys obviously on a wind up Bev. Fukim.
    You are probably right Rich however if he's trying to wind me up then he's barking up the wrong tree as that will never happen... I have much more important things to worry about
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast