+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Arcam Delta 80 FM/AM Digital preset tuner

I'm David.

Default FS: Arcam Delta 80 FM/AM Digital preset tuner

The name gives it away - this is not a digital tuner but an analogue tuner of excellent heritage (A&R T21) with a digital display section. The presets are push button operated and the display is digital but the stations are presets by analogue trimmers on the rear of the unit.

This unit has had little use, originally being part of complete Arcam Delta system in which only the amp and CD player were employed. As such it is in mint minus cosmetic condition. (Slight 2mm mark next to AFC button.) Beautiful black finish. It sounds rich and open with excellent stereo separation on Radio 3 live broadcasts.

Quirks - it will only tune down to 89.1MHz either manually or on the presets. The ML/LW display works but shows only '1545'. The AM section of the tuner works perfectly and has good noise suppression on the AM loop aerial but it has to be tuned by ear. There is provision for a long AM wire aerial to a second socket and the display may work with a higher signal strength than I can muster.

Boxed, manuals, mains lead, AM aerial, registration and warranty (!) documents. Collection preferred from NE49 postcode though hand-over could be arranged in some other locations (A1/M6 corridors, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Borders, Lancashire, Yorkshire). £75. PM if interested

Last edited by DGP; 13-12-2016 at 19:13. Reason: Picture links inserted

I'm Geoff.

Please check the selling rules David. Photos of the actual item offered must be shown on the page, not links. You can include links in addition to photos. So please bung at least one or two piccies on. Your listing will be allowed to remain for a short period for this to be done. Thanks, Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm David.

Sorry for being dumb but I though that what those links were - so what do I do to get images in the post please?
    DGP

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by DGP View Post
    Sorry for being dumb but I though that what those links were - so what do I do to get images in the post please?
    DGP
    There's a "how to" guide about 4 lines down from the top of the first page of "Private Exhibitions".

I'm Grant.

There is one done for you

You need to take links from imageshack and use box at top of posting box with tree inside.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm David.

Thanks - original post edited
    DGP

+ Reply to Thread