+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Norfolk, UK

I'm Steve.

Default Hi from Norfolk, UK

Hi folks

I'm Steve. I hail from Norfolk, in the UK.

My system is geared towards getting the best out of digital. Its been many years since I bought any vinyl.
    Musical tastes? Mainly prog rock through I also like some stuff from bands like U2, Evanescence, The Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin, AC-DC, Metallica and also Windham Hill type stuff too. So a bit eclectic in taste.
    The system is a Logitech Squeezebox Touch into a Beresford Caiman II DAC, Rega Brio-R amplifier into Rega R3 floor standers. The music is fed from a Synology NAS though I still have to rip (FLAC) a lot more of my CDs yet. I also have a pair of Stax Basic electrostatic ear speaker/headphones with the energiser connected into the Rega's tape output. I've recently been experimenting with a Raspberry Pi 3 with HifiBerry Digi+ as a backup to the Touch. I also have a Trichord Fusion multi-format disk player (based on a Pioneer DV565).

Interests - cycling, walking, skiing.
    Last edited by zykling; 12-12-2016 at 23:39.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Steve. Welcome to AOS.

There's plenty of interest in digital here, take a look through the Digital Expressions section.

If you have further plans for your system, we'd like to hear about them.

Feel free to join in any chat that interests you. The members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

welcome Steve. . Enjoy the forum.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hello Steve. Welcome to AOS.

There's plenty of interest in digital here, take a look through the Digital Expressions section.

If you have further plans for your system, we'd like to hear about them.

Feel free to join in any chat that interests you. The members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Thanks folks

I found the AoS forum when searching for information on DACs, a couple of years ago. I bought the Stan DAC after reading such a lot of positive posts about it on here.

I'm Neil.

Welcome Steve to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by zykling View Post
    Thanks folks

I found the AoS forum when searching for information on DACs, a couple of years ago. I bought the Stan DAC after reading such a lot of positive posts about it on here.
    Stan is a good bloke, helpful and with the personal touch. Plenty of happy Beresford customers out there.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Welcome Steve to AoS
    Thanks Neil.

I'm Deano.

Welcome brother Steve

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by British high fidelity View Post
    Welcome brother Steve

+ Reply to Thread