+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belkin Pure AV speaker cable.

I'm charles.

Default Belkin Pure AV speaker cable.

If anyone is on the lookout for speaker cable, may I recommend Belkin Pure AV- I believe it's discontinued now but it often appears on Ebay as mostly NOS - and my set cost me 20 quid for 2 x 5 metre lengths - NOS. I 'upgraded' from Chord Signature - yes, I know, eyebrows raised but I believe my ears and having been on the Chord bandwagon for some time, I was glad to cut my loses and get rid of not only Chord Signature speaker cables, but also the twin RCA to RCA Signature and the co-ax Signature.

I'm Dave.

Hi Charles, those cables were flavour of the month a year or two ago. Many i know bought them ,cheap, and sounded good. I still use a set in my second system, and still very happy with them. They are thick, and most i know who owned them sold for thinner cable, or next flavour of the month ( telurium Q blue etc, followed by Van damme etc).
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Martin.

Uncanny. I have a set of these and have just been looking for them (unsuccessfully) before I sat down to read this. Think I might have lent them to my neighbour. Or someone.

I have the optional screw-in spade connectors for my set, handy for non standard binding posts. Good cable for twenty quid a set.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Is this the basic one with the copper showing through or the hybrid one with the grey sheath? I've got the latter it's very well made, complex construction and I've never felt the urge to change as I've upgraded my equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm charles.

This is the thick grey one with the white plastic gauze over it. It now seems to be selling for more on Ebay.

I'm Dave.

Yep, thats what i have in the second system. The thick white plastic gauze stuff. Using it with Rega Brio amp, and Rega Saturn CD and Duevel planets. Works well in that set up.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Lawrence.

Ah I had that with the banana plugs hard fitted at each end. I now use the grey cable that comes off reels but I think underneath it's the same cable. It was for custom installs of AV I think. Fantastic cable best value you can get. If you actually look at the strands you can see what went in. There are 2 or 3 different types some thicker ones and some thinner ones where the copper is "dotted". And I think a single strand of the thickest gauge presumably this is what they mean by "hybrid".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread