+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maikel's stereo setup

I'm Maikel.

Default Maikel's stereo setup

Hi everyone,

I would like to share my stereo-setup. First a little bit about myself. My name is Maikel and I'm Dutch (from the eastern part of The Netherland) and living with my wife in the Northern part of Bangkok.
    In the livingroom we have our stereo setup consisting:
    Turntable: Thorens TD-2001 with Mahoney plinth and MDF floorboard, with the beautiful Benz Micro ACE Low cartridge.
    Phono-pre: Mitsubishi DA-P10 pre-amp, where I only use the phono-amp inside together with some step-up transformers
    Ampflifier: Unison Research Simply two with NOS tubes from Telefunken (pre ECC88) and Philips EL34
    Speakers: Sonus Faber Electa I (very first square model), solid walnut wood with leather baffle and matching stands.
    Digital: raspberry pi 2 with raspbian, mpd, bitperfect settings, Soundirok iOS app, looking to install RT (realtime) kernel soon.

My setup:

I'm Geoff.

That's an interesting selection of equipment you have Maikel. I suspect it all sounds rather nice together.

The Sonus Faber Electas are very good. You'd have to spead a lot of money to better them.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Looks great, good taste in furniture too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

very nice Maikel. attractive room. been looking for a sideboard/ audio shelving myself.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ben.

Lovely set up mate very classy looking
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Maikel.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's an interesting selection of equipment you have Maikel. I suspect it all sounds rather nice together.

The Sonus Faber Electas are very good. You'd have to spead a lot of money to better them.
    Yeah the SF are really amazing. For the looks it's quite 'love it or hate it' but I adore them already for that, and the sound Carefully gathered all equipment in many years, very happy with it. Thanks for your kind words

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Looks great, good taste in furniture too.
    Thank you. Furniture is from 'SB furniture', purchased here in Bangkok.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    very nice Maikel. attractive room. been looking for a sideboard/ audio shelving myself.
    Thank you, it's actually a very good sounding room too. No concrete, but all plaster walls and a lot of curtains.
    The sideboard is from 'SB furniture', not sure if it's available outside Thailand. The shelves under the record player and amp are filled with all my records Good for dampening hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Lovely set up mate very classy looking
    Thank you, you might suspect I'm a wood-guy

I'm Loz.

Very nice indeed Maikel. You clearly think highly of the Sonus Fabers. One to add to my list of speakers to check out when I eventually make some changes.

All the best

Loz

I'm James.

Nice one mate
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm Neil.

That looks nice
    Regards Neil

I'm Maikel.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    Very nice indeed Maikel. You clearly think highly of the Sonus Fabers. One to add to my list of speakers to check out when I eventually make some changes.

All the best

Loz
    Definetely, I love the build quality and also the wide range from affordable to extremely high end.
    Good to know is the old series (like my one) are 'romantic' sounding, with a slight tone from neutral. The new SF's are very technical and neutral and according to some they don't have that magic that the 'old' versions have. Please discover for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Nice one mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    That looks nice
    Thanks everyone for your nice words.
    Much apriciated

+ Reply to Thread