+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (almost) FREE - Philips 532 Motional Feedback Active Speakers

I'm Geoff.

Default (almost) FREE - Philips 532 Motional Feedback Active Speakers

I have a pair of 3 way Philips 532 Motional Feedback active speakers sat in the garage. They don't work (predictably) but the drivers appear to be in good condition. Given their rarity, I don't want to throw them away but I'll never get round to having them fixed (and I'm too tight).

Ideally I'd like them to go to someone who can get them working but failing that, if they save another pair from the tip by being an organ donor, then I guess that's better than nothing. Must be taken on the understanding that they will not be sold on for more than alcoholic bartering, unless you fix them in which case you can charge what you like.

I think they power up but I can't get more than a bit of hum out of them. Cabinets are scratched but solid. No grilles.

They will cost you the princely sum of 1 bottle of wine (whatever Tesco has on offer is fine).

Strictly collection only from just outside Bicester (preferably fairly promptly).

Pictures taken in the garage so not too arty I'm afraid:

I'm Adam.

Geoff, could I take these, please, if no-one else wants them? I know a man who will not only give them a very good home, but will probably have very little trouble in bringing them back to life!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

Yes, no problem. I'll drop you a PM when I've done the kids bedtime.

I'm Geoff.

I remember hearing these on a Philips stand at a show about a lifetime ago. They were pretty impressive.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I remember hearing these on a Philips stand at a show about a lifetime ago. They were pretty impressive.
    Same here. Anyone else remember Philips having some bins as speakers to demo their OEM drive units? Yes bins, the old fashioned (but then normal) galvanised outside bins, with drive units and crossovers and sounding pretty good! Tim de Paravicini was there with a prototype amp which had about a dozen output valves per monoblock and these were in use to drive them...
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

+ Reply to Thread