+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The hanging Judge is back in town - ESL57's are on the stand ..

Bigman80 Guest

Looking spectacular. You're spoilt on the speaker front. I'm very jealous.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Well they are now up and out of the way:

It will be tomorrow before I can tell what they sound like
    Is there a third wire to stabilise front/rear movement?

I'm Alan.

Hi Geoff, they don't actually move around on their own.
    They do need to be angled down a little so I will be fitting a thin wire to the base to do just that.

They are sounding fantastic

I'm James.

They do need to be angled down a little so I will be fitting a thin wire to the base to do just that.

Non hifi folk popping round to your abode must be very puzzled by their appearance, probably think your trying to contact the Martians!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

I was thinking about a similar arrangement for my Magneplanars. I would have thought that there would be some speaker movement (equal and opposite and all that). A third wire would both angle the speaker for optimal listening and provide a gravity resistance against micro movement. I would be interested to find out how the sound changes when you fit the anchor wire.

I'm Grant.

Suppose there has to be some movement, but might not be that much with gravity having an effect, and lack of really big base waves etc..... maybe? anyone suspended traditional cone speakers before??
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Put the Maggies underneath for a wall of sound!

I'm Alan.

I'll post up a picture ..........

Spot the maggies in the background. There is lots of experimentation to come
    Last edited by Firebottle; 08-11-2016 at 13:16. Reason: Pic added

I'm Grant.

They seem a bit disjointed height wise .. or am i seeing wrong
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

They are Grant, the right hand one has had to go on a soon to be removed TV plinth.

Dinnae worry, your eyesight is fine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast