+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocellia calliope grandis signature .21 speakers. F.s.

I'm Chris.

Us connoisseurs must stick together! Have been tempted by Shindo (Jeff Day's fault!) before. But keeping off valves.
    Chris.

I'm Chris.

Happy anniversary to this ad!
    The 'downsizing' continues.....started by the LPs going 18 months ago, then the Rock T/T......the Citroen XM went recently.
    So; anyone want to treat themselves to a lovely sound?
    Chris.

I'm Bernard.

I am surprised this has not sold yet! If I had the cash, I would have considered replacing the A23 Solovox. The Ocellias are built like musical instruments and host my favourite PHY drivers. Pieces of Art!

One has just been sold on an Australian forum https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/top...ge-12-speaker/.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Berni217 View Post
    I am surprised this has not sold yet! If I had the cash, I would have considered replacing the A23 Solovox. The Ocellias are built like musical instruments and host my favourite PHY drivers. Pieces of Art!

One has just been sold on an Australian forum https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/top...ge-12-speaker/.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'd really like to hear these still! A year gone by and I've never managed to come over.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I'd really like to hear these still! A year gone by and I've never managed to come over.
    I think you'd love them, Tom - from my own listening at Chris's place I would strongly suspect that they are quite superb at lieder.
    The low level transparency and delicacy may well be the best I have heard.

I'm Chris.

Default Lieder/schmeder

No lieder on site, but it works equally well with Fado -or Flamenco, as folk know.
    No corkage charge for folk bringing (CD only) Classical etc.! to listen to.
    Treat yourself for the season?
    Chris.

I'm Chris.

Easter hols next possible Tom visit, I guess. the suspense is....dwindling?
    Each time I play the Calliopes, i'm glad they're still here.
    Maybe I should sell the Leak 3090s and shift these upstairs; you only have one life.
    Chris.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    Easter hols next possible Tom visit, I guess. the suspense is....dwindling?
    Each time I play the Calliopes, i'm glad they're still here.
    Maybe I should sell the Leak 3090s and shift these upstairs; you only have one life.
    That's a thought. The wife is away on a research trip from Saturday for a fortnight so I'm actually at a loose end on the bank hol.

Maybe I should drop over and take the opportunity to drop in on Justin as well if he's about expand my experience of Apogees though I have actually like what ones I've heard.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    That's a thought. The wife is away on a research trip from Saturday for a fortnight so I'm actually at a loose end on the bank hol.

Maybe I should drop over and take the opportunity to drop in on Justin as well if he's about expand my experience of Apogees though I have actually like what ones I've heard.
    We're pretty close to each other so it would be easy.

My god though the difference between my speakers and Chris's is absolutely immense! Do Chris's first, then get prepared for a shock!

I'm gone.

Yes, big differences in presentation and intention.

Maybe do Justin's first and then relax from the hyperkinetic onslaught with Chris's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast