+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ocellia calliope grandis signature .21 speakers. F.s.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    To renew interest, and to sell these speakers, adding some LARGE and extra photos might help.

It would also allow you to conform to the new rules for sellers offering items for sale with a selling price above £250. Thumbnail images are no longer sufficient.

Good luck with the sale.
    To be honest I think there are several issues apart from the pictures, IMHO that is. Firstly these speakers are not generally that well known, they are what I would class as a music/hifi Connoisseur speaker, so it important to get them out there so to speak where the right footprint will see them. Yes there are a few here on AoS who have pricey gear, but how many would or could out lay out £7k on a pair of speakers without some very serious thought I wonder, apart from Jerry maybe😂. Secondly and maybe more important is the physical size of them, I actually could live with them in my lounge, whether Sue would is another matter, I don’t think they are too big compared to some other speakers out there. So this will also limit the footfall that will be potential buyers.

So if it was me I would place an advert say in Hifi News for a couple of months, yes the risk is silly calls and dealers trying it on, but it should catch the serious buyer who knows what these are. Also as already pointed out better photos along with some stuff about provenance and specification would help.

Shame really they are just a step too far for me budget wise, they sound amazing and I heard a variety of Musial genres on them and thought they performed very well across the board. To be honest they are a superb price considering a new pair to the same spec are around £18k, someone needs to buy these and be happy forever.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Chris.

Thanks, both Barry and Adrian. I really must get organised. Originaly it was just a 'maybe', but I should firm it up better.
    thanks for the appreciative messages-they ARE special, but I do need to downsize soon.fullsizeoutput_16.jpg
    Chris.

I'm Chris.

Getting time now to reacquaint myself with the Ocellias. Tinnitus (temporarily) less. I always forget just how 'real' music is, coming from these.
    They really do seem to vanish, leaving music in the room.
    Am downsizing our possessions. The price on these will be £6750, although current curfew will deter visits, so no rush!
    I'm enjoying them, so their carriage boxes can remain blocking the loft space for a while longer.fullsizeoutput_19.jpg
    Chris.

I'm Lawrence.

I think these have been bumped and reduced on Hifi for sale so worth a bump here too..?

I'm Chris.

You're right Lawrence! I'd forgotten I'd put them on here. I have just cut them to £5950 so ......£5750 for Artists of Sound/Fishers/Wammers.
    Over £14K new, always covered when not in use.
    Just don't fit in our downsizing concept unfortunately.
    Have loved owning them; like the enclosed review.Frederic loves them.
    https://6moons.com/audioreviews/ocellia5/1.html
    Thanks for the reminder MrL.

Review from our famous box swapper...Jerry.
    "What struck me most when I heard these at Chris's place a few years ago was the astonishing performance at low levels.
    Jaw dropping transparency, delicacy, presence and resolution without any need to turn the wick up, although they could certainly do loud as well.
    I've not heard that sort of ability to that degree before or since."
    That'll do, though Tom Montesquieu liked them too.fullsizeoutput_16.jpgfullsizeoutput_70.jpg
    Sorry about photos!! Can't seem to get them right! Message me for better ones?
    Last edited by hornucopia; 26-05-2020 at 12:02.
    Chris.

I'm Chris.

Default low tech?

All my extra photos are coming on here sideways! Get in touch personally for upright scans!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris.

I'm Chris.

IMG_4608.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris.

I'm Chris.

Sorry guys. Delete the ad if you like. I'll try and post it all correctly soon. Price reduction and all!
    Chris.

I'm Stuart.

According to Hifi For Sale, these are now sold. I'd have loved to have heard/bought these but just too big for my house!

Wonder if Bernie was tempted, if so I would be tempted to take the Solovox's back. Although large they did sound excellent in my room.
    Paul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast