+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mostly Croft

I'm John.

Cool system, I like it because it's different

Those speakers look like they mean business!

I'm ahto.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Cool system, I like it because it's different

Those speakers look like they mean business!
    many thanks. the speakers do mean business. they weigh 59 kilos each counting the cast iron support. for some reason film music coming off my Mac Airbook sounds particularly convincing bass-wise, even if its hifi credentials may be questionable.
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by eksiil View Post
    to pictures:

the system (the planks have warped, but all the heavy DIY wood has brought a serious improvement to the sound. i'm looking at replacing the planks with 300 year old oak. seriously.):

Looks great and I really like the rustic rack.

Some really old oak would be great and wont warp.

I'm ahto.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant View Post
    Looks great and I really like the rustic rack.

Some really old oak would be great and wont warp.
    many thanks again. the planks are ash, which should be no slouch (it's heavy). it was, however, planed too early obviously. the oak I'm hoping to end up with (I've seen it...) was felled in the time of Peter the Great (him of St Petersburg fame which was erected on sunken oak trunks mostly felled in Estonia).
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Timothy.

Thanks for sharing your system, very nice! I think system pics are really a great way to see some very interesting setups, words don't always cut it!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Al.

Hi Eksil,

I too was interested in some Croft gear. I'm not far off my fiftieth so I might treat myself.

I experimented with shelving material and had great results with a birch ply and end grain balsa sandwhich.

Sounds lovely under my turntable's especially.

Cheers,

Al
    Technics 1210 M3D / IanMac bearing / Design Build Listen The Wand tonearm / Speedy Steve ebony arm board / Denon DL103 re-bodied / Asus music server with Audiophile Optimizer and Bug Head Emperor / Monarchy NM24 DAC / Leben CS600 / Leben RS-30EQ phono stagephonostage / Auditorium 23 cables / Deulund mains cables - homemade

I'm ahto.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrackandruin View Post
    Hi Eksil,

I too was interested in some Croft gear. I'm not far off my fiftieth so I might treat myself.

I experimented with shelving material and had great results with a birch ply and end grain balsa sandwhich.

Sounds lovely under my turntable's especially.

Cheers,

Al
    Croft is perfect for my tastes.

my TT sits on a kitchen worktop cutout (composite oak) so probably not too far from a ply sandwich.

I'm ahto.

the whole shebang now sitting pretty on oaken planks cut from a tree planted by Peter the Great between 1718-1723 (got a certificate) and felled (as an act of mercy I take it) 16 years ago. (the speakers rest on classic 20th century chairs)

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm James.

Woohoo, I bet that system sounds fab. Well done putting together a splendid set up. Like your thinking with wood, it must have some bearing on the overall sound signature of your system?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm ahto.

thank you for the kind words. I am a convert. what the equipment rests on, I believe, affects the sound more than any cable change I've gone through. obviously the TT is the main beneficiary, but anything containing valves has also benefitted audibly (3D feel & increased weight to the sound are the two things that immediately leap to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Woohoo, I bet that system sounds fab. Well done putting together a splendid set up. Like your thinking with wood, it must have some bearing on the overall sound signature of your system?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast