+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mostly Croft

I'm Timothy.

Very nice, cool looking space as well! Very earthy-in a good way! Love your Crofts too!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Adrian.

Looks like a seriously good system and I bet it sounds great. Love the hifi stand using solid lumps of oak, definitely they way to go for some isolation, and not too costly either compared to some audio racks that are around. Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm ahto.

thank you for he kind words. the "rack" actually looks kind of classy -- though I've done nothing to touch up the surfaces. one thing you need is space & another is a sympathetic partner. as things stand, I'm blessed with both. thirdly, the timber cost me nothing, but I am lucky to know someone with a whole shed full of similar planks. and they are heavy... the lowermost slab, I'm guessing, weighs upwards of 50 kilos.

as is evident from the title of the thread, I am partial to Croft amplification. part of the allure is its bespoke nature & the chance to communicate directly with its maker -- but it also sounds better than anything else I've heard (some of it costing two-three times as much, all told).
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Ivo.

Quote Originally Posted by eksiil View Post
    the system (the planks have warped, but all the heavy DIY wood has brought a serious improvement to the sound. i'm looking at replacing the planks with 300 year old oak. seriously.):

Hello Ahto,

I'm not familiar with your electronics but the rack itself is really amazing

Ivo
    Pioneer:
    PLC-590, RT-909, 707, CT-F1250, 900, 750, 700, T-C3, P-D1, TX-7800,
    U-24, SR-303, SG-9800, SA-7800, SX-750, DT-400, HPM-100
    Nakamichi: DRAGON, BX300e, BX125, BX 1, CD4

I'm Ivo.

Quote Originally Posted by eksiil View Post
    the whole shebang now sitting pretty on oaken planks cut from a tree planted by Peter the Great between 1718-1723 (got a certificate) and felled (as an act of mercy I take it) 16 years ago. (the speakers rest on classic 20th century chairs)

And this looks even better!
    Ivo
    Pioneer:
    PLC-590, RT-909, 707, CT-F1250, 900, 750, 700, T-C3, P-D1, TX-7800,
    U-24, SR-303, SG-9800, SA-7800, SX-750, DT-400, HPM-100
    Nakamichi: DRAGON, BX300e, BX125, BX 1, CD4

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Lovely system. I just know that system will sound superb.

I just love the rack... that is smashing
    Dont you just love Yorkshire terminology . I called a to be work collegue 'old cock' the older day, he looked at me gone out Thing is i use a mixed bag of Yorkshire & Lancashire terms cos i think its got like that now.. Who would have though Lancashire & Yorkshire be sharing a common ground

I'm ahto.

much obliged. i must thank my good fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Primare View Post
    And this looks even better!
    Ivo
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm ahto.

the way it looks right now

I'm ahto.

the (1st floor) man cave, featuring: Fletcher 0.3 (Hadcock 228, Denon 103R), Croft head amp, Croft Mega Micro II, Croft Series V Mk 2 -- and, last but not least, Mark Audio Alpair 12p in locally sourced BLH cabinets.

I'm Gary.

Wonderful System Ahto, thanks for sharing.

Stealing a few of your ideas about the system rack
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast