Closed Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashley & JC's assorted musings

Quote Originally Posted by Marco
    I'll add my tuppenceworth later.
    You've had ten bob's worth already ! Why don't you earn some of it and tell Richard to moderate his name calling ?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    those two walking diseases

Seems a clear breach of AUP to me

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hey, you're in no position to talk about old codgers!

And please don't make derogatory assumptions about people you don't know.

Marco.
    Take your own advice P-K-Blk

Quote Originally Posted by Marco
    you asking Ashley for a blow-job
    Some hopes !

Anyway Ashley's far to young for me He can't even take his teeth out yet

Quote Originally Posted by jcbrum View Post
    With the natural exception of any knowledge of your wife, this is completely contradictory to my experiences and observations.

I suspect you are a stubborn old codger who doesn't know how to do it properly and refuses to learn new concepts.

I wonder, secretly if your wife doesn't actually agree with me ?
    Then I suggest that you
    A) Get out a bit more and mix with people that live in the real world

B) You can suspect all you want, but I am advised i do know how to do it,
    well at least well enough not to need to involve ashley, with or without
    teeth.

C) I accept and work with new concepts on a regular basis
    Strangely, I also seem to be fairly able at sorting out the new concepts
    that work, from the one's that don't. I also seem to be able to avoid
    bandwagons.

D) Given your internet persona, as compared to my wife I very much doubt
    if she would discuss anything you, let alone agree on anything.
    sod the hi-fi, listen to the music

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That is out of order to lump me in with those two walking diseases. Show me one post where I have promoted NVA on this forum, it is even very unusual for the initials to be mentioned in any context in one of my posts. This is oppossed to AVI / ADM9 - repeat ad infinitum - in any post, any subject, any poster. If you really are so desperate to get volume then make it a tit and hi-fi forum, it couldn't get any more distorted.

You mention I have an agenda, well then please tell me what it is. As far as I know my only motivation is to sing the problems with this industry as loud as I can. It just happens you have one of the biggest industry problems encapsulated in these two peculiarities that you tolerate, so I sing!
    Richard, first of all, please do not refer to anyone as "walking diseases", despite how much you dislike them. You're more than intelligent enough to put your point across without insults. I'm asking you nicely, so please, let's see no more of that.

Secondly, you've misunderstood me. I totally agree - you haven't blatantly promoted NVA, and I respect you for that. When I mentioned "agendas" in relation to your contributions, it was to do with your unfailing obsession with 'dissing' dealers. One could almost conclude that some big bad hairy-arsed dealer 'interfered' with you in a dark stockroom somewhere in the dim and distant past when you were a Saturday lad.

It's not an image I, and I suspect others, find pleasant to contemplate so please don't fuel this disturbing image any further, especially at tea time!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Then I suggest that you
    A) Get out a bit more and mix with people that live in the real world

B) You can suspect all you want, but I am advised i do know how to do it,
    well at least well enough not to need to involve ashley, with or without
    teeth.

C) I accept and work with new concepts on a regular basis
    Strangely, I also seem to be fairly able at sorting out the new concepts
    that work, from the one's that don't. I also seem to be able to avoid
    bandwagons.

D) Given your internet persona, as compared to my wife I very much doubt
    if she would discuss anything you, let alone agree on anything.
    I'll accept your remarks Colin, I am sure you and your wife are a charming couple, I hope we have the pleasure of meeting one day.

Regards JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Richard, first of all, please do not refer to anyone as "walking diseases", despite how much you dislike them. You're more than intelligent enough to put your point across without insults. I'm asking you nicely, so please, let's see no more of that.

Secondly, you've misunderstood me. I totally agree - you haven't blatantly promoted AVI, and I respect you for that. When I mentioned "agendas" in relation to your contributions, it was to do with your unfailing obsession with 'dissing' dealers. One could almost conclude that some big bad hairy-arsed dealer 'interfered' with you in a dark stockroom somewhere in the dim and distant past when you were a Saturday lad.

It's not an image me, and I suspect others, find pleasant to contemplate so please don't fuel this disturbing image any further, especially at tea time!

Marco.
    Marketing hype is one of the worst diseases to pollute our industry. You have encapsulated within these two individuals such a bad case of this disease it is a joke, and the only ones who don't see it are them.

I do hope that was a typo and you put AVI instead of NVA, if so you can see how the slime of this oozes into your mind, you will be dreaming about AVI next, with Ashleys voice droning on in the background and JC dressed in high boots and whip - "you vill buy AVI (crack) you vill buy AVI (crack) or ve vill eliminate you"

Marco - I've had a go at dealers too and I'd like to qualify that. For a start we're very happy with the ones we have and we'd like more, however, and it's obvious from reading around the Forums, where quite a few are active, that some are rude, arrogant and and extremely conceited, which is exactly what customers say. I've even seen shop managers I've had complaints about mentioned by name! There is a problem, probably made worse by difficult trading conditions.

It's been dealers who've made the most trouble for me on Forums too, and in some instances, despite having asked me to contribute behind the scenes, moderators have allowed the situation to get out of hand. I suspect that dealers don't like manufacturers stealing their thunder from customers. They also have a vested interest in protecting the subjective aspects of assessing hi fi that are so against.

Ash

Richard, Halt !

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    if so you can see how the slime of this oozes into your mind, you will be dreaming about AVI next, with Ashleys voice droning on in the background and JC dressed in high boots and whip - "you vill buy AVI (crack) you vill buy AVI (crack) or ve vill eliminate you"
    Are you suggesting I'm a NAZI ?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I do hope that was a typo and you put AVI instead of NVA, if so you can see how the slime of this oozes into your mind, you will be dreaming about AVI next, with Ashleys voice droning on in the background and JC dressed in high boots and whip - "you vill buy AVI (crack) you vill buy AVI (crack) or ve vill eliminate you"
    Haha, bloody hell yes, it was a typo!! I will amend it immediately.

If everyone lays off the insults and makes their point intelligently then everything will be fine. The use of insults is a sign of limited vocabulary, and I don't think either of you suffer from that particular disease.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Marketing hype is one of the worst diseases to pollute our industry. You have encapsulated within these two individuals such a bad case of this disease it is a joke, and the only ones who don't see it are them.

Richard - You're very bitter and totally wrong!

Everything is marketed and everyone knows it, most switch off pretty quickly. However, if they see something interesting to them, they'll find out about it. Most on this Forum don't like what AVI does, some are interested and some tolerate our apposite views reluctantly. That's good!

Now if you were to say something relevant or interesting, you might do as well as I do or better, but all you do insult people.

You might like to know that the group most susceptible to advertising/marketing is C3 Women, they swallow it hook line and sinker! Which is why TV is the way it is and doesn't much appeal to AOS. Think tacky make-up, celeb mags, constipation and diarrhoea pills, bloated stomachs etc and it'll all make sense.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast