+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The ALLO Audio music steamer - Pic heavy review

I'm Josie.

Hi John.

That's great! - Yep, it's certainly a very nice sounding bit of kit.

I also think improvements in the documentation would be good too. I've not had the repeating problem you have had though.

Jo
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi John.

I also think improvements in the documentation would be good too. I've not had the repeating problem you have had though.

Jo
    Hi Jo.

I've fiddled with some of the Moode settings, and the player will now pause after three or four 1-second repetitions! Very strange, presumably to do with the interaction between Kali and Moode software.

John

I'm Josie.

Hi John.

Yes, could be. I've not tried it with Moode, just LMS. I much prefer Moode or Volumio myself. Much easier to use.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm allo.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    I've just seen this thread and, coincidentally, received a Kali and Piano Dac from Allo.com this morning. Hence I've paid full whack! No regrets however, as my first impressions are that the sound is very good: To begin with, I put the Kali with the RPi and Mamboberry LS dac that I've been using with the Moode player. It played straight off, and the sound was fuller and more realistic with the Kali in place. The one odd thing was that the pause control now caused the last second or so of playback to go onto constant repeat.
    Kali plus Piano Dac gave similarly good sound. (I haven't yet really compared the Piano with the LS Dac though). The pause oddity was still present.
    I do think that Allo should provide a bit of documentation with the products. Both the Kali and the Piano have tiny switches which are covered in protective film. The film has to be removed and the switches set for 'HAT' and, in the case of the Piano, for 'RPi compatability' if the Rpi is being used. Anyone who didn't know about this could have a frustrating time. Also,the Piano Dac arrived with standoffs for mounting, but the Kali didn't.
    So I'm happy so far, and will post again after more listening and experimentation.

John
    Thank you for the comments John...
    checking with shipping about the standoffs.
    you ordered Piano or PIANO 2.1 ?
    thanks
    Andre

I'm allo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi John.

Jo
    Next week expect several changes to the site and added documentation as well as new image releases for new players and improvements.
    We are doing our best to be on top of everything and thank you all for pointing any areas that need improvement!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    Hi Jo.

I've fiddled with some of the Moode settings, and the player will now pause after three or four 1-second repetitions! Very strange, presumably to do with the interaction between Kali and Moode software.

John
    Try piano with rpi without kali and if it doesnt do it, then you will know
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiohdwr View Post
    Thank you for the comments John...
    checking with shipping about the standoffs.
    you ordered Piano or PIANO 2.1 ?
    thanks
    Andre
    Hi Andre
    I've got the Piano. I had some more standoffs here, so not too much of a problem.

John

I'm Fred.

Send you a pm Andre. Would like to introduce this set on a Dutch forum, zelfbouwaudio.nl

I'm Geoff.

Default 50% Offer

Hi,

I sent Andre a PM yesterday lunchtime to sign up for the 50% offer but have had no reply.

What is the status of this offer?

Geoff

I'm Grant.

Sure he will get back to you Geoff. He is not on here all the time.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast