+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WLM loudspeakers

I'm matt.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Choose carefully. Some sound pretty bad!
    I'd most likely play it safe and use the same ones that WLM use - Visaton TW 70

I know Monacor also make some but I don't know if they are any good.

I'm Timothy.

Enjoy them, I found them to be quite a fantastic speaker, "cheap" paper-cone tweeter and all. I would love to try a pair with my Crofts.

I pretty much got laughed at and ridiculed on another forum when I mentioned them and just how good they sound. I do think that with the tweeter control and with poisoning, you can dial them right in. Also nice they don't require a boatload of power either.

Have fun with them, I loved them when I heard them!

PS-I heard the La Scala monitors, not the floor stander, am sure the ones you have dig a bit deeper in the bass end, but even the monitor did a very decent job. I also thought the midrange was quite stunning really.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Steve.

I would think a modern croft set up would be brilliant with them TBH.

I'm Timothy.

Steve, while I am completely happy with my current setup, I am always keeping an eye out for a pair of La Scala's. One never knows, at the right price I would probably jump on them. Yours look really nice! Enjoy!
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Steve.

I Paid £850 for these, which I thought was a good price at the time. Even more so now I've settled in to them. There's a stand mount pair on eBay at the moment for significantly more.

I'm Timothy.

That is a great price, especially for the floor-standers. I will just bide my time, no hurry on my part, they will pop up at some point.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    That is a great price, especially for the floor-standers. I will just bide my time, no hurry on my part, they will pop up at some point.
    You won't need to wait too long 😉

I know someone on here who likes to keep things for only a little while before moving them on

I'm Timothy.

Well, shame I am on the other side of the big old pond though, I wouldn't relish those shipping charges....

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Well, shame I am on the other side of the big old pond though, I wouldn't relish those shipping charges....
    Ah, pity, I see they retail at $4000+ in the USA, they look very interesting but unfortunately my wife has vetoed floorstanders in our room 😥

I'm Timothy.

There was a pair of floor-standers here in the US that went for around 3K, I wanted to grab them, but money too tight then. Shame that WLM doesn't make these anymore, at least as far as I know. No US presence here anymore. Think the major partners went their separate ways a while back ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast