+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "How loud can it go?"

I'm Martin.

I've had 'why do the speakers have to be so big? That's ridiculous'

But she was an attractive young lady so I let it go. Thought it best not to mention that I regretted not getting the next model up that were twice the size.

'You don't need all that stuff just to play a CD' was another classic.

My favourite was a bloke who had a JVC midi system and was highly sceptical that it was possible to improve on it. After a long listen to one of his favourites he reluctantly admitted, 'Yes, it does sound a bit better on yours'.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by TazSob View Post
    I have heard someone say their iPhone was the best thing they heard with them crappy little headphones and I just could not get through to them about the sound quality they are missing...

I think people have ever so slowly been moving away from what audio is supposed to sound like and have accepted the status quo with small tinny sounds that they don't realise true hi-fi till they are made to listen to it and not just play music in the background
    Sad isn't it

I'm Deleted.

Default "How loud can it go?"

I've had the 'it's like headphones' comment and 'it's like cinema without the picture', 'I feel I'm there', 'I can almost touch the musicians' etc. I've also had 'do the neighbours ever complain?' . I don't think anyone has ever asked me how loud it will go; 'why are there so many boxes?' is the most common question (to be fair, there are a lot of boxes).

100% Analogue
    Account Deleted

I'm Clive.

I think the comment "yeah, nice tone" was the one that upset me the most.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

"Couldn't you have one of those small silver units instead ? We got ours from Currys..."

Pete

I'm Jez.

It always surprises me how they hardly notice or comment on sound quality... even though it's probably the first time they may have heard true hi fi sound! They usually want it turned down so they can drown it out with there inane thoughts on last nights "Strictly baking cakes on ice"....
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Geoff.

I think many people just don't understand good sound quality when they hear it. You get comments like 'it's very shrill' or 'it's very tinny', merely because they've never heard treble before.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    It always surprises me how they hardly notice or comment on sound quality... even though it's probably the first time they may have heard true hi fi sound! They usually want it turned down so they can drown it out with there inane thoughts on last nights "Strictly baking cakes on ice"....
    Lol, don't you just love gobshites who only like the sound of their own voice!
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Taz.

Some cars I hear in traffic do seem to like it loud but the sound... clipping and not pleasant at all

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by TazSob View Post
    Some cars I hear in traffic do seem to like it loud but the sound... clipping and not pleasant at all
    Was next to one at the lights the other day. Builders in a transit, Bangin' choons, Some ICE can be good though. I was walking through the town one afternoon, past a closed nightclub, hear this fantastically good sound, some modern R&B but just superbly clean and sweet, perfect bass. I thought the club was re-opening and they were testing the sound system and had the doors open as it was a warm day. I was thinking it sounded fantastic. But it was coming from a car parked outside with doors open and some youths trying to act tough. Still one of the best sounds I've heard.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast