+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My "REAL SOUND" experiment.

I'm Andrew.

Found some spares for my SME 3009 might make a REAL sound tonearm cable and compare it to the original SME offering. Might pass a few hours.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Gary.

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Andrew.

Well it looks like the autumn bug of hi-fi modding has struck. I intend to mod my 15's by removing the binding post and buying a couple of Bypass capacitors. I think I'm going to try some of these https://www.hificollective.co.uk/com...er-600vdc.html
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Well that's it just and bought a couple of theseduelund-jdm-copper-capacitor-600vdc-350.jpg bypass caps. Prices have come down quite considerably so why not! Should arrive early next week. Soldering iron at the ready and then have a good listen.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Dave.

How did you get on with the Duelund speaker cables ?? I’m using them and ICs so interested in your experience ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Loved them. I don't really like to try and describe how they sound, it's more about how they make me feel. All I can say is that they worked synergistically very well within my valve system and they kept me wanting to listen so that can't be a bad thing.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Dave.

Sounds good - I am using them with a Yamaha A S3000 and Klipsch Forte speakers and compared with several fancy cables they just sound right .. clear and natural. I have lost the cable itch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

I've never really had a cable itch, just gone along with what I thought might sound interesting. I did have a Nordost fetish once but I got that out of my system!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Well that's the bypass caps installed into the 15's. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I get time. Sounding good so far!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

At long last I finally dug out my pictures of my Duelund bypass caps. Here there are

And finally here is the thing installed.

All I can say is that it sounds excellent. Details in spades. Very happy so far with the outcome. I still need to do more listening to get a handle with respects to what they are doing. All-in-all the 15's are sounding excellent. I've had several weeks listening to the 15's without the supertweeters and can hand on heart say that without them the 15's loose a lot of detail and top end sparkle. I listening to the 15's now with some Miles Davis, very happy, very chilled out!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast