+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: My "REAL SOUND" experiment.

I'm Brian.

Well I tried quite a few wires before I settled on the Klotz MC5000 mate so I sympathize with you on that front . Not really had much experience with valves though .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Blimey just over 2 years since I last did anything with this experiment. I might have a listen tonight with some Celestion Ditton 15's that I re-wired with the Duelund cable. Should be interesting. I might also make some comparisons against the Karma cables.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

An update! I managed to get my old Radford STA25 Renaissance working again after a complete valve change and re biasing the valves. I currently have the Radford linked in to the Croft Epoch preamp, eventually the radford pre-amp will be fettled and put pack into service (back to EL34'S EEEK)! The Celestion ditton 15'S have been re-wired with Duelund cable, and I've also running some Duelund speaker cable. Things are sounding truly excellent. Ultimately I intend to have the EAR 835 clone and Lenco 75 in this system. Should make for a fun system and something different to listen to. I might post some more notes up at some point. Overall the Real Sound experiment seems to on track again. Maybe the "synergy" of the other kit just wasn't there?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Simon.

tweaked and fettled kit.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    tweaked and fettled kit.

Yep. Defo! The old 15's have never sounded as good. Just goes to show how your perception of things changes.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

OK, the Radford pre and power are now working. A dodgy set of ECC82's replaced today and we have great noise coming through the 15's. I wonder how things are going to sound through the Tannoy's. More notes and observations tomorrow maybe?
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

I ordered up the parts for a new set of IC's between the Radford pre and power amp.

Belden 8402 microphone cable
    Switchcraft 3502AAU RCA’s

The IC's are now duly constructed and sitting in my REAL SOUND system. I have also replaced the JR149's with a fully set of modded Celestion Ditton 15 speakers (https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...itton+speakers). I now have a full loom of Duelund cabling.The speakers are Duelund re-wired, the IC's use the same wire construction, and the speaker cabling is Duelund. The Radford pre and power amp even contain tinned copper wiring! I've been listening to the system now for a couple of days and can honestly say that really really loving what I'm hearing. Massive amounts of details and fantastic timbral decay. It's very rare that I do a complete about-face-turn about a product but it's looking like that might be the case here. Blimey!!!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Carsten.

You are going all inn - Thanks for sharing.

Duelund DCA 16ga in double run replaced Audience Au24 as my speaker cable due to rearrangement of my listening room - I had quite a few cables in and out before settling on the Duelund. Besides what you have already mentioned it's main qualities in my setup is it's (illusion..) of Presence it gives to the music.

The same cable as signal cable (XLR shielded) between my Phono & Amp wasn't good though - the higher frequencies was too sharp for my liking.
    English is not my native language, so any grammar & spelling errors is due to my crappy Smartphone..

Speakers: Franco Serblin Accordo.
    Amp: Yamaha A-S2100.
    Turntable 1: Sony TTS-8000 in a TB-2000 plinth with:
    Tonearm 1: Helius Phaedra & Benz LP-S.
    Tonearm 2: Reed 2A & ?
    Turntable 2: Garrard 401, Jelco SA-750E & Shelter 501 classic.
    Phonostage: Modwright PH 9.0 w. US Amperex 7308.
    Step-up: Allnic AUT-2000.
    Head-amp: GS Elevator EXP.
    Cables: AN Qssc, Belden 8402 & Audience au24.

http://www.discogs.com/user/Nonnegativ

I'm Andrew.

Yes its a good cable. Ideally I'd like a couple of Duelund caps in the speakers but the cost is prohibitive, I'm happy with the presentation.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Its been a little while but I found a little time to replace the capacitor in my Real Sound Celestion Ditton 15 with one of these

jantz.jpg

And then I shall by bypassing them with one of these

0-01-tinned-copper-bypass-precision-350.jpg

It's probably the cheapest way to get a Duelund component into my 15's

A review to come at some point in the future!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast