+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: My "REAL SOUND" experiment.

I'm Andrew.

I have a request. Do we have a mystical Japanese figure on AOS that we can call SAN? I require one for the continuation of this experiment.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I have a request. Do we have a mystical Japanese figure on AOS that we can call SAN? I require one for the continuation of this experiment.
    I'm called Insan. if that's any good!

I'm Andrew.

Is that "Insan" or "Insane" ? (Sorry couldn't resist, Nodrog)
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

I've put my cables in my cable cooker to cook over the next few hours. Listening will continue later. I'm really glad I bought my cable cooker they are are extremely useful.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Nodrog.

Is that "Insan" or "Insane" ? (Sorry couldn't resist, Nodrog)
    The dot was there for a very good reason

I'm Nodrog.

I've put my cables in my cable cooker to cook over the next few hours. Listening will continue later. I'm really glad I bought my cable cooker they are are extremely useful.
    Wasat? The microwave?

I'm Andrew.

The parady continues.

I've managed to get a Japanese cable consultant guru called FuksishitaSAN, just like Jeff.

I've also managed to cook my cables just like Jeff.

DSCN2835.jpg

On a more series note. The original Klotz / MS Audio RCA IC's that I made years ago v the new Belden IC's produced by Brian.

DSCN2827.jpg

The Duelund speaker cable in my original JR149's.

DSCN2828.jpg

An early pair of JR149's, same drivers as the LS5/3A and Mark 1 cross over.

DSCN2829.jpg

The Quad 405-2 with a full compliment of RCA's, IC's and Kettle leads.

DSCN2830.jpg

The JR149's are famous for needing a bit of welly to drive them and being able to fill large rooms with lots of music. The Belden IC's and Duelund speaker cable have been producing some very nice noises over the last couple of days. They are extremely good at portraying saxophone and vocals. The midband on good recordings can be sublime. I've played all manor of Genre's with this lash up and have been surprised by the Belden + Duelund combo. The Duelund is not in the same league as my usual Van Damme 6mm2 blue cable but I would have to say that so far from what I'm hearing the Belden IC's are more than a match for the Klotz+MS Audio IC's that I own. I've still loads of listening to do and will hopefully post up some more in depth notes at some point.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Hah ! You've over cooked them Andy , they were light brown when I sent them down

I agree that both the Klotz and the Belden interconnects are a match in some ways . However , I preferred the '' fruitier '' bass of the Klotz interconnects , but the mids of the Belden interconnects were cleaner IMO .

I must confess that I like both and was quite surprised at how good Belden interconnects sounded in my system with some very familiar tracks . The only problem with the Belden cable is its lack of availability in the UK .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Hah ! You've over cooked them Andy , they were light brown when I sent them down

I agree that both the Klotz and the Belden interconnects are a match in some ways . However , I preferred the '' fruitier '' bass of the Klotz interconnects , but the mids of the Belden interconnects were cleaner IMO .

I must confess that I like both and was quite surprised at how good Belden interconnects sounded in my system with some very familiar tracks . The only problem with the Belden cable is its lack of availability in the UK .
    I ended getting the Beldem IC cable from POLAND I must admit to not taking too much notice of the bass but I do have some pretty good tracks to which I can assess your findings. I'm finding that the Belden IC's are very good with Digital sources and not so good from the analog side of things.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

You've got to love Jeff for his love of Duelund. Please read.

http://positive-feedback.com/audio-d...ge-tone-cable/
    Last edited by Wakefield Turntables; 11-11-2016 at 21:21.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast