+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My "REAL SOUND" experiment.

I'm Grant.

cheers, ive none that I can see. had some but must have been used on something i no longer have. Can use the normal ones but its a bit tight.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Just had a look at vintage phono plugs on ebay. There are some, but prices are daft!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just had a look at vintage phono plugs on ebay. There are some, but prices are daft!
    lol....

sorry for the thread drift...cheers geoff
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Guys, please note this thead is for FUN and is a small distraction away from my main project over on the Lenco 75 restoration thread whilst I wait for the various parts to arrive. I've some pictures organised and I'll get a full "lash-up" list posted when I have a little time, can't do it tonight cos I'm off to the pub. Suffice to say I'm having a quick listen now on my JR149's a completely unmolested sub 2500 pair and the midrange sounds sublime and that's from a dodgy CD that a patient gave me!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Brian.

Is that with the new interconnects in Andy ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Paul,

I honestly think it's a load of shit what he claims bit it's a little bit of fun really and I totally agree with you and Simon with your comments especially about the physical properties of the cables. Should prove a good laugh to the lads & lasses on AOS. I'm not taking this too seriously
    I know that Andy; there's a slight case of pulling your leg a bit. ....sorry, couldn't help it!

That chap's site seems very odd to navigate and I guess it's unsurprising that it might attract a bit of negative attention. As someone said, lashing loads of expensive bits together a good sound doesn't guarantee. Design and execution matter, not the price of the bits or name dropping Dueland at every opportunity. Afraid, I lost interest when I saw some cable lifters in the picture

I'm Andrew.

Right now my young sprog has gone to bed I can tell you a little more about the lash-up system

Pre-Amp - ATC SCA 2
    Power Amp - Quad 405 -2 (Fully NET audio modded with tweaks from Nick Gorham)
    CD Player - A very very heavily modded Teac VRDS25X
    DAC - Caiman SEG
    IC's - Belden 8402 microphone cable with Switchcraft 3502AAU RCA’s (made to "Jeffs" formulation)
    Speaker Cable - Duelund DCA16GA
    Stands - Homemade from bits of Birchplay & 2x4 wood !!!!!
    Speakers - JR149's (unmodded original's from the 70's)!!
    Power - PS Audio P10 + homemade Belden screened power leads

I've got the JR149's toed in quite markedly about 1m awat from the back wall and about 50cm's away from the sides and I'm about 2m away. Soundstage is quite wide and nicely placed centralised vocalists. So far so good. I can't really make comparisons against Jeffs system which has massive Altec Lansing horns, X-O's with several caps costing $770 alone. I'll get some pics posted at some stage.

Now, a big thanks to Brian (he of Klotz IC fame), his nimble digits performed dextrous feats where my own humble attempts failed, this japeful jaunt would not have been possible without him, so again CHEERS BRIAN.

I'm Brian.

Nice one Andy . Glad you're happy with the cables , although you may have to wait for a few hours while the molecular structure of the cables changes and they give of their best
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    you may have to wait for a few hours while the molecular structure of the cables changes and they give of their best
    Ooh. I could take you up on that one Brian. Probably best not. We all know where cable debates go!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Brian.

Correct Geoffrey , we do want to remain friends
    Regards
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast