+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My "REAL SOUND" experiment.

I'm AnDreW.

Thanks to Brian I have have some ICs made up to start this fun experiment. I must admit I'm very sceptical and Jeff the chap that inspired this seems to excessively eulogise DUelund products, but this is just for fun. I'll post some pix over the next few days.
    SS CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DAC Caiman SEG+15V PSU DECK 1210 Mat SPH SSS Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe/Ebony PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

Valve PRECroft Epoch(Mega Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Reference XO DECK Garrard301 Mat Teunto Bearing 401 Plinth Moldovan Arms 3009/3012(Ikeda Ag wired) PSU Eagle+Tachometer MCAg Meister SPU v2 CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ Speaker VdH 6mm Blue IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostage Paradise(4 Box) / EAR 834 Clone (modded)

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Lol, people who can, do, and those who can't swap cables. Save your money Andy...
    +1

except that in this instance, at least it won't be wasted and it sounds like cables aren't the thing that you're really short of.....a few extra rooms to house your growing 'speaker collection seem to be where the real need is at!

A Blog's a blog's a blog and people are free to write whatever they like. "Salt" and "Pinch of" are words that spring to mind (being very kind) in this particular case

As for the 100 hours thing for the cable to mysteriously change it's physical properties in some magical way....well, the less said, the better really

I'm AnDreW.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    +1

except that in this instance, at least it won't be wasted and it sounds like cables aren't the thing that you're really short of.....a few extra rooms to house your growing 'speaker collection seem to be where the real need is at!

A Blog's a blog's a blog and people are free to write whatever they like. "Salt" and "Pinch of" are words that spring to mind (being very kind) in this particular case

As for the 100 hours thing for the cable to mysteriously change it's physical properties in some magical way....well, the less said, the better really
    Paul,

I honestly think it's a load of shit what he claims bit it's a little bit of fun really and I totally agree with you and Simon with your comments especially about the physical properties of the cables. Should prove a good laugh to the lads & lasses on AOS. I'm not taking this too seriously
    SS CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DAC Caiman SEG+15V PSU DECK 1210 Mat SPH SSS Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe/Ebony PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

Valve PRECroft Epoch(Mega Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Reference XO DECK Garrard301 Mat Teunto Bearing 401 Plinth Moldovan Arms 3009/3012(Ikeda Ag wired) PSU Eagle+Tachometer MCAg Meister SPU v2 CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ Speaker VdH 6mm Blue IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostage Paradise(4 Box) / EAR 834 Clone (modded)

I'm Nodrog.

I took one look at the Blog and switched off. Can't stand white text on a black background. man obviously has no taste so no point in reading further

I'm danilo.

There seems to be (still?) an entire mindset that equates Price with quality: 'Mo' $ means Better'...well dohhh.
    PT Barnum had it right.
    Son once wanted to sell a car that he was tired of.
    He priced it fairly for a quick sale... there were Zero responses to his advert.
    Suggested he double the price.
    Very next day there was a bidding war.
    Everybody was happy
    My audio bits: Thorens / diy phono, CD/dvd player(s), diy pre, F6, Tannoy Golds in my boxes / my xovers, and of course all strung together with basic diy Wires
    Lots of Cd's, yet more audio files, a couple of hundred semi worn Lps.

I'm Nodrog.

Did look a bit before my eyes cried enough. Just one look at all the crud he needs in order to listen to music and it's obvious we live in different worlds. he is a hi-fi fan first and foremost and has bought into every bit of snake oil imaginable.

Cable cookers - good grief

I'm Simon.

Andy, im teasing a little, I use silver foil in silk for my speaker cables.

I'm Geoff.

I have more than enough leads of all types at the moment. But I tend to make my own from good quality cable. To be honest, if I want more, I'll likely be using Cardas or Audio Note offerings for interconnects and Transparent Audio for speaker cables. These are a known quantity to me and provide excellent sound quality. Yes, I know their upper end stuff has loony prices. I use the sensibly priced wire.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I have more than enough leads of all types at the moment. But I tend to make my own from good quality cable. To be honest, if I want more, I'll likely be using Cardas or Audio Note offerings for interconnects and Transparent Audio for speaker cables. These are a known quantity to me and provide excellent sound quality. Yes, I know their upper end stuff has loony prices. I use the sensibly priced wire.
    got any old long centre rca plugs
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - XS VALVE DAC - AVANTREE OASIS PLUS + LEAF HD BLUETOOTHS - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 +NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC +IFI SILENCER - RPI 3 DIGIONE/VOLUMIO - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN MAIN SPKRS/Q ACOUSTIC BT3 ACTIVES & CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    got any old long centre rca plugs
    Just had a look. Can't see any. They do show up on eBay though.

I may have some seventies leads with those on in the workshop. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll take a look. If I can find them and if there actually are any.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast