+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scalford Hall Show 7th March 2010

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Arrow Scalford Hall Show 7th March 2010

Guys,

As some of you will know, there's another show at Scalford Hall again next year, on the above date, as a follow-up from last year's successful event. Details of the venue: http://www.scalfordhall.co.uk/

AoS will be represented again there, and will be demonstrating the following system (comprising of gear from members of the management team):

Sources:

Bel Canto CD2 CDP (with AoS/TD PSU), Williams Audio DAC, Audiocom-modified Sony DAS-R1 DAC.

Sound Hi-fi-modified Technics SL-1210/Time Step PSU/Jelco SA750D/Denon DL-103SA, Shure M3D.

Denon DP-3000/VPI JMW-9.0 Memorial/Audio Technica ART-1 & WD Phono3 'clone' phono stage with gas regulated PSU.

Tandberg TD-20A and Pioneer RT-707 reel-to-reel players.

Preamplifiers, SUT & head amp:

AoS/Tube Distinctions valve grounded grid/modified Croft Charisma-X.

Auditorium 23 & Denon HA-500 (for DL-103SA).

Power amplifier:

Tube Distinctions 30W Class A Copper amp.

Loudspeakers:

Lockwood Majors with 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, fitted with high-grade crossovers.

'Baboon's arse' red Yamaha NS-1000Ms.

Equipment Supports & mains ancillaries:

AoS/Tube Distinctions mains filter.

Quadraspire Reference acrylic stands.

MusicWorks ReFlex mains block with ReCoil and IEC+ mains leads.

Cables:

Mark Grant G1000HD interconnects/VDH Digicoupler digital cable, and VDH 'The Wind' & G.H.E Black Mamba speaker cable.

Full details of exhibitors signed-up so far can be viewed on the following spreadsheet:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...k5Q0E&hl=en_GB

If you'd like to bring some of your own kit and hear it on the AoS system, then let us know and we'll include it on the spreadsheet. We may also be doing some different types of demonstrations this time too, such as a phono stage 'shoot-out' and perhaps some blind cable testing, etc

There are also a few places left for people who wish to attend and exhibit their own system in a dedicated room. Could those who wish to do that please let us know A.S.A.P and we will inform the organiser; this includes any requests for rooms at the hotel on the evening before the event. These are very thin on the ground, so again, we need to know A.S.A.P and inform the organiser if anyone wishes to stay at the hotel the night before the show.

The show last year was great fun and well worth attending and/or taking part in, so we'll be doing our bit to make it even more of a success this time around... Therefore, let's try and get as large an AoS presence there as possible. It would be good to meet some 'faces behind the usernames', as it were, so if you can make it on this date then please do your best to attend and make the event a memorable one.

Therefore, could we please have a list of the names of those who intend to come as visitors and/or exhibitors? Also, if people have any comments or suggestions to make which they feel would help add something to the occasion then let's hear them!

Write-ups and comments from last year’s event for the perusal of anyone who wasn’t a member of the forum then:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...ford+hall+show

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...ford+hall+show

Some pictures:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...+hall+pictures

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Who's is the TD20?

It belongs to Nick (Beechwoods)

Fancy coming? Bring some 'decent music'

It would be cool to meet-up... Beers are on me!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

It would be cool to meet-up... Beers are on me!
    You sure you got enough money?

It at Melton Mowbray same?
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 29-11-2009 at 00:36.

Yep, pie country

Yes I should be able to raid the piggy bank!

Marco.

P.S I presume your mains lead hasn't arrived yet?
    Main System

I'm Nobody.

Yep, pie country

Yes I should be able to raid the piggy bank!

Marco.

P.S I presume your mains lead hasn't arrived yet?
    Piggy bank size of a bank vault i hope

Na not yet Marco.. Be monday i recon, no rush anyway.

I'll organise a free bar then just for you!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Nobody.

Ok then, afterall i have a gut the size of Birmingham city centre to fuel..

I'll see if i can get a lift down then it's a swine to get to otherwise..

I'm Imjustsurviving.

I'll organise a free bar then just for you!

Marco.

count me in if you are offering this service
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'll see if i can get a lift down then it's a swine to get to otherwise..
    Ok, sounds like a plan. Perhaps someone else coming from the Yorkshire area (Mikey?) could give you a lift...

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast