+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rega Saturn

I'm Nuno.

Default Rega Saturn

I had the chance to hear the Saturn this weekend in my system(only 30 minutes)and I don´t know why but my speakers almost disappear,while I could hear a perfect soundstage(not so perfect because the living room is a bit small).Well,I think my CD 5 is better on timing and rythm,also the sound is more organic,not so artificial,but why doesn´t the speakers disappear with it?

well just may be the saturn is better at sounstage then, but if your Naim is better why worry? I would hardly describe the saturn sound as artificial, it's less ''aggressive'' than the Naim. If you only heard the saturn for 30 minutes, then really you did not hear it at its best.

p.s. take anything I say about Naim or Rega with a huge pinch of salt
    sod the hi-fi, listen to the music

I'm Nuno.

Quote Originally Posted by nbaptista View Post
    but why doesn´t the speakers disappear with it?
    I think i have the answer now : a friend of mine borrow me this weekend a Qed Genesis speaker cable,and now my system seems new.All the harshness that I thougt the Naim had disappeared,now the sound stll has vigour but is so smooth.The bottleneck was the Audioquest Type 4.
    I think one of the main advantage of Naim cd player´s over other brands are the flatcap´s,that you can add and change the sound for better!
    Yes,the Saturn is good value for the money,but a cd player that impressed me a lot a few months ago,was the Linn Majik!

I recently sold my Linn Majik. I should have given you the chance to buy it.

+ Reply to Thread