+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Tandberg 4000x has lost sound

I'm Kevin.

Default My Tandberg 4000x has lost sound

Default No sound on my Tandberg 4000x
    Hi Al
    I had nearly sorted the wobble out on my recorder with cleaning the clutches and pinch roller. When playing a tape the sound just went. The VU readers aren't working and counter light is dimmer. The turntable still rotates on play and FF but not rewind ( when tape is on turntable)
    Electrical area is new to me,so were is best place to start. We have come along way over past 6 weeks the Tandberg and me and am not going to give up on her now
    Thanks

Kevin

I'm Alan.

Kevin did you ever find a service manual for it ? send me a pdf copy if you have and ill have a look at what is connected to those functions.

It could be just a relay or dodgy switch try switch cleaner on all swithces and relays if it has any
    Check that when you press play the relays click in
    Check if there are any internal fuses

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

+ Reply to Thread