+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System for the moment

montesquieu Guest

Thankfully the wife allows me free rein in the living room ... since we met at a classical concert she is very much on-side on the importance of music in the house. We don't have a telly to take up space either which means the hifi is happily allowed to dominate the room.

The one time she put her foot down was my request to block up the door to the living room to accommodate a pair of Tannoy Autographs (the only way it could be done). There was still a side entrance from the kitchen but meant going through two extra doors (and the kitchen) to get there.

I'm fuckoff.

Lose the hag; best upgrade you can get.

I'm Hugh.

Women don't have souls.

I'm Martin.

Enough misogyny now. Everyone's life is a compromise. Except mine, obviously.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Chris.

Some interesting suggested solutions there - the floors are solid concrete so makes cable routing tricky. Interesting solution realysm42 but suspect that would cost me more than I'm willing to lose

Tv system sitting at the opposite side of a long(ish) room is a Samsung 4K 48" tv with a Yamaha YSP-900 soundbar and integrated stand - there is a Wharfedale diamond sub behind the unit. Got a HD Skybox, Samsung HD, Sony upscaling Bluray and an Oppo 103D all region Blu ray connected with QED HDMI cables. The picture quality is fantastic in 4K using the pre loaded HD and the Oppo upscales to 4K pretty well (the Sony is for the kids but I can feel a Panasonic 4K player making an appearance soon)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12