+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System for the moment

I'm Chris.

Default System for the moment

Couple of pictures of main music system - not allowed to combine the two by the better half. The A/V setup is at the other end of the room and an OTT computer music setup in the study.

Currently re-building a Pink Triangle Export with a Roksan Tabrizi arm and AT33EV Cartridge to replace the LPT.

Cheers,

Chris.

I'm Michael.

Think you need to negotiate your Hi-Fi sovereignty with ' her indoors.'

I'm Martin.

Couldn't you mount the speakers any higher?

I've never heard a full fat Cyrus system like that. Looks good, though. Why is the TT not on the top shelf? WAF?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Chris.

Unfortunately the positioning of the speakers and the record deck location are forced compromises that could have resulted in divorce if left as I wanted. I had some Wharfedale Pacific Evos on stands nicely positioned about 6 feet apart but was forced to remove them (now in garage). The record deck used to sit on the top of the stand with the ubiquitous PT pink lid - was in her eye line and caused a lot of hassle - so removed the lid and moved it down a level (hidden from sight by couch) - result - no more complaints.

The height of the speakers is less than ideal, however the sound is pretty decent, even sitting down (probably at its best sitting on a step ladder ). However as I grew up seeing bands at the Glasgow Apollo, it sort of reflects listening to the bands from the stalls - anyone of a similar vintage that attended gigs there knows what I mean.

I'm Neil.

It's amazing how many people have issues with this love of ours... shame that your other half can't get on with it. :P I guess that sign on top is passive aggressiveness about the 'mess'!!!

...guess I'm lucky that I already had all my gear before the girlfriend moved in.

Nice looking setup, shame about the speaker positioning as that system will be used nowhere near its potential with them sited like that.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

Tis often a bit of ocd. Tidy, or free from clutter. A lot of men are just as bad lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

The stage was very high at the Apollo

I'm Andrew.

Talk about ball and chain.

Nice boxes though man.

I'm Paul.

I'm still trying to understand why your tt is not ok but those vase things that are sitting on its shelf are somehow an improvement. Women perplex me greatly.

I'm Peter.

In the past, I've found that most 'normal' people like the music, but not the 'gubbins'. Given that all your kit seems to produce very little heat, have you considered putting it all in a discrete enclosed cabinet ... maybe placing in a back corner, out of line of sight of the main seating. Let your partner choose the cabinet, then she can't complain Another option then would be to move the cabinet into the hall, and lay long speaker cables under the carpets by the skirting boards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast