+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBL TL260 midrange problem

I'm Grant.

Any possibility that the polarity of wiring into the banana's is wrong? or on the speaker line.. other possibles is a bad connection or banana socket, or if bi wireble the biwire link
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Presumably the open back midrange driver is in its own inner enclosure. Is there anything loose inside? Another possibilty and quite a common one is a wire or damping material touching the back of the cone.
    In it's own enclosure. The cables don't touch, and the damping material don't touch. I was also thinking about this, so tested it not installed, just the driver on a chair playing music.

The speakers sound amazing. So no emergency really. But very annoying why one driver behave different than the other identical driver. Even tried playing directly from dac and into one power amp to eliminate that the fault was not in my system. Changed the speaker terminals by connecting the left speaker on the right and vice versa= SAME.
    Marantz HD-DAC1 -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Analogue -> Hitachi HMA-8500 Mk II -> JBL Balboa 30

I'm Geoff.

In that case, get the capacitors checked again and double check joints. There has to be a cause.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm matt.

If it's an intermittent fault (probably is because you're getting some sound), swapping stuff over could have temporarily fixed the problem (that's why I suggested wiggling wires, crossover components etc).

I found a dodgy transistor once by tapping all the components with a pencil whilst music was playing. The bad one made a 'pop' sound when it was tapped.

I'm Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    In that case, get the capacitors checked again and double check joints. There has to be a cause.
    I agree. Just need to find motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    If it's an intermittent fault (probably is because you're getting some sound), swapping stuff over could have temporarily fixed the problem (that's why I suggested wiggling wires, crossover components etc).

I found a dodgy transistor once by tapping all the components with a pencil whilst music was playing. The bad one made a 'pop' sound when it was tapped.
    Yes, that is next step now. I will take out all 5 drivers and line them up on the table together with crossover. Cable it all up with temporary cables and see where it brings me. Possible the right cabinet is cursed, so hooking up outside might break the spell.
    Marantz HD-DAC1 -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Analogue -> Hitachi HMA-8500 Mk II -> JBL Balboa 30

I'm Martin.

Cabinet cursing. I've dealt with that before. First you need to catch a leprechaun. Dig a hole, fill it with Lucky Charms and cover it over with branches and leaves. Come back to me when you have the little fellar and I'll tell you the next step.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

Default Did you fix it in the end?

Hi.

I know this thread is years old, but I have the exact same problem with my JBL TL20.
    Midrange driver is practically non existent on Left speaker and slightly more than nothing on the right.

Did you ever manage to sort the problem you had?

Jimbobj

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12