+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Grant HDX1 Pure Copper audio cables

I'm Mark.

A delivery of connectors has arrived and we have plenty so same day despatch now if ordered early enough in the day.

A subwoofer cable is also now available, a single length of the same cable and connectors for high quality subwoofer use:

LINK: Mark Grant HDX1 Subwoofer cable

-

-

I'm John.

I have a 1.5 metre pair of these excellent cables. They are used with my Oppo Blu-Ray player and are really top notch.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Looking forward to receiving and try out the HDX1, hopefully Monday, I have the original GHD1000, a nice little upgrade?
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Chris.

I now have two pairs of these HDX1 cables and they are superb, top to bottom coherence with a very fine treble in comparison to my other cables, Cambridge Azur reference and Classique sounds of Leicester Translucent, which sounds a bit dry and coarse in comparison.

I really like the new plugs.

Incredible value for money.
    Chris

I'm Steve.

I love Mark's cables. Bloody good value for money, sound great and Mark is a top geezer to deal with.

I'm Chris.

Now have a third set, superb interconnect for the money, outstanding.
    Chris

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yup, me too. I'd now use nothing else, plus he's a TOP bloke to deal with!

Like you say, Chris, the plugs are superb and for me deserve special mention. Low-mass and constructed from quality materials, which really compliment the high gauge solid-copper cable itself, for me that's what's cheered things up most and now makes the HDX1s true 'giant killers', offering superb SPPV.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Chris.

I quite agree, no competition at anything like this price, could not be any happier with these.
    Chris

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I decided to re-visit the earlier version i have of this cable, the one with WBT's fitted, and i have to say, i'd forgotten how good a cable it is/was, so after speaking with Mark, i have decided to go for a few sets of this new version, i will put up my findings once i have fitted them, and given them a bit of time to settle in.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice one, mate. Look forward to hearing your thoughts...

What I find is that they just 'disappear', allowing the music itself to be showcased, as they have no overt 'sound' of their own, unlike in my experience many so-called 'high-end' designs, which you can hear as soon as you plug them in...

For me, the effect of the best cables, in a well sorted system, should be subtler and less obvious, simply allowing music to 'breathe', without imparting a false superimposed 'signature' - and to my ears *that* is exactly how the HDX1s behave.

At the end of the day, you don't want cables acting as a glorified tone control, but simply allowing the sound of the partnering components (and music) to flow naturally, and then sit back and forget about them!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast