+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Class DAmps

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley James View Post
    Anthony - I hope that you haven't concluded from anything I've said that I want to dictate what people should be listening to, because that's far from the case.

I firmly believe that this Industry and the Press have failed the man in the street by not providing him with an effective means of assessing equipment that he may be considering. Therefore I've illustrated ways in which the ear/brain combination is fooled in the hopes that people will be mindful.

The trouble is that I've also pointed out that if you use the tried and tested and proven methods that I've advocated, then there will be no differences between the sounds of cables for a start and much of what masquerades as hi fi will be discredited. It already has been to a large chunk of the population, but not it seems to Forum frequenters.

I knew I'd piss quite a few off, but I still feel it was worth saying what so many have thought for as long as I've been in hi fi.

Ash
    ash,
    fair comment, and of course you're quite within your rights [as i am] to advocate your views on this forum,[not dictate though] and i agree that there are dealers who are just out for getting the highest commission they can, and will in most cases lead the gullible astray if they think it's in their own best interests. i am all for getting rid of these tyrants, but without choice we are all doomed.
    anthony...

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

I've got classA , A/B and D amps.
    Which is better, hard to say tbh, they all have strengths and weaknesses

You get a wide range of crap available no matter what class you choose, going by experience a lot of the crap is usually stuff thats been hyped up

Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    I've got classA , A/B and D amps.
    Which is better, hard to say tbh, they all have strengths and weaknesses

You get a wide range of crap available no matter what class you choose, going by experience a lot of the crap is usually stuff thats been hyped up
    I'M WITH YOU THERE LEO...

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Sam,

What are the Flying Moles like? I've read various reviews on them, largely positive, and I thought they sounded interesting. I like the look of them, too - functional yet elegant

Sorry about the tangential nature of the current discussion!

Marco.
    Hi Marco,

I find the Flying Mole's sound is closer to the valve amp side than solid state. Silky smooth but the fine detail extracted by the Stello DAC still comes though unhindered. What I like most about them is their ability to pump out music for long periods of time without causing ear fatigue. I find the sound quality of many class AB amps are fine initially but appear to shift to the raucous side after extended listening periods. That's the proof of the pudding for me, how the kit sounds after a few hours continuous listening. It's as if the brain tries hard to block something out, then gives up

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SamJones View Post
    Hi Marco,

I find the Flying Mole's sound is closer to the valve amp side than solid state. Silky smooth but the fine detail extracted by the Stello DAC still comes though unhindered. What I like most about them is their ability to pump out music for long periods of time without causing ear fatigue. I find the sound quality of many class AB amps are fine initially but appear to shift to the raucous side after extended listening periods. That's the proof of the pudding for me, how the kit sounds after a few hours continuous listening. It's as if the brain tries hard to block something out, then gives up
    hi sam,
    what you have described at the end of this thread is how i feel about digital recorded music to a degree, although it is my main choice of replay as i dont have many records, i find its almost like me ears/brain conbination is somehow having to compensate for what its hearing [or not] and it eventually tires me.
    analoug dosent seem to do that...
    anthony...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910