+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whest Two phono Preamp Maual / Instructions

I'm Peter.

Cool Whest Two phono Preamp Maual / Instructions

Gentlemen & Ladies or course,

Can anybody help.

After a recent house move, I have mislaid my user manual for the Whest Two. ( I need to reconfigure the dip switches for a new cartridge).

Is there any kind person out there that may be able to let me have a copy? (pdf). Or even the single page showing the dip switch settings.

I have been on the Whest Web Site, but as this preamp has been superseded it is no longer available.

Many thanks in advance if anybody is able to respond.

Peter

I'm Clive.

Why not try phoning them on +44 (0)20 3176 0376.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Slav.

WP_20160616_15_18_11_Pro.jpg
    version with small cover plate underneath .
    Last edited by mac72; 17-06-2016 at 19:56.

I'm Francois.

[/URL][/IMG]

I hope this helps

Cheers
    Francois, Bergerac, France
    Source component/s:
    Musical Fidelity M1 Dac, Allo Digi One, Sony SCD-XE800, AVID Ingenium Twin arm, Audio Note Arm One, Groovemaster II 12in, Audio Note IQ3 MM, Denon DL103R MC, Croft Basic 25, TQ Iridium Phonostage, Puresound T10 Stepup Transformer, Zavfino majestic tonearm cable
    Amplification:
    Audio Note OTO PP, Dussun V6i
    Loudspeakers:
    Triangle Comete ES, Klispch RP600M
    Cables/stands:
    Quadraspire, Belden 9497

I'm Peter.

Many thanks, that just what I needed.

Just so you know the reason why I needed this, is that I have finally got hold of a brand new (well, refurbished DECCA GOLD) with a Decca Pod. I currently used an Benz Wood (MC) and although the Decca is neither MC or MM it recognizes the MM settings and load configuration. If all that I've read about the Decca, it should blow the 1k Benz out of the water, but we will see.

Sorry, but no apology for being a vinyl nut. ����

Current setup Townsend Rock 7 / SME V / Benz Wood. Dual Quad 909's / Whest Two (Phono Stage) Quad Elite Preamp/ CDX /Tuner / IPL Trasmission Line Speakers and to complete the setup a Teac UD 503 DAC ...... For PC music from the NAS Drive.

Many thanks again.

Best Regards

Peter

I'm Peter.

sorry but nothing underneath ????

Or attached.

Peter

I'm Peter.

Hi Clive,

Yes, I did ring them and they wanted £14.74 for a hard copy version, which I thought was a bit mercenary. I have spoken to James on other occasions and he was vey helpful but alas, not to be this time round.

Another kind member has supplied the settings I needed. (God Bless all you therartofsound members)

Peter

I'm Peter.

Default WHest Two Settings

Hi Clive,

Yes, I did ring them and they wanted £14.74 for a hard copy version, which I thought was a bit mercenary. I have spoken to James on other occasions and he was vey helpful but alas, not to be this time round.

Another kind member has supplied the settings I needed. (God Bless all you therartofsound members)

Peter

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Hi Clive,

Peter
    Charging £14.74 for a copy of the manual is nothing short of very poor customer service. If they charged about a fiver to cover post, then maybe. Why they couldn't e-mail it is surprising, how hard is that?
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Peter.

Hi Clive,

The excuse for not emailing a PDFs file was that the server that stored that piece of information went down some while ago and they had lost all the files. Surely in this day and age, how long would it take them to rescan the hard copy. !!!!

It's just lucky that I don't have the funds to upgrade to the Whest Three or I may be looking elsewhere.

Nuff said. !!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread