+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Discogs my collection

I'm Josie.

Yeah, I'll nibble my way through the box upstairs at some point. I don't have many anymore to be honest, about another 50. I sold a lot a while back as we needed the room etc.

I agree, Blues and classical LP's are crazy prices, worth much, much more IMO. I've got a lovely copy of Semprini from 1957, it's mint and only ever played by me I think. A beautiful pressing in every way... Median worth, 6.50. Bonkers.

I'm Grant.

Think its worth doing as you then have a list of what is there and its condition. Prices are a bonus. I,m up to 260 done now so not so many left now.
    Interesting to note that doo wop has died a death interest wise.. I always found it superb, and it probably defined the USA in mid century more than any other.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Grant.

Just about 300 done now and only a few left... I have had to add dozens of releases or would have been finished long ago, but it will help others perhaps. Probably 25% or so have never been sold/ listed so my prices are obviously down quite a bit but its high of about 5k looks to be about it. Guess you could add 25% to that but inclined to say the missing ones will take up the slack. So happy for it to be about say 4/5 grand in total. As ive sold a few hundred its not too bad i guess.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Peter.

Anyone done this on the rare record price site guide website. I got a reduction in my subscription due to buying the book

I'm Grant.

I didnt know they had a site. I used to buy the books on occasion though.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Andy.

Resurrecting an old thread as just added my collection - took around 4 days but enjoyed it.
    Still a few more to do so almost there (some 78's I have don't show...)
    Just short of 500 (feels like I had more than that) with a value of between 3k and 10k depending on the condition etc.

A few surprises in the values as I bought a Talk Talk EP for 1.50 a few years back from a second hand store and now worth between 62 and 177......... (not that I would sell - honest)
    Main system:

Digital.
    Raspberry PI plus IQAudio DAC+. Philips DCC 730. NAS drive
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit. AudioNote Arm 1 V2. Goldring Elite MC and Cairn Boost
    Lenco L75 in Birch ply plinth. Linn Basik Plus. A&R P77 cart (Paratrace by Expert)

Amp. Pure Sound A30
    Speakers. Reiver Jenna floor standers

I'm Mike.

This is something I'll have to do, but baulk at the sheer time it'll take. Also, it's not just finding the album, but which issue/reissue and stamping info., which can affect a price (not that Discogs would help here).

Something which hasn't been mentioned is insurance. If you can catalogue (and photograph), you have a pretty good record and valuation in the event of a claim.

There's another sire, Popsike, which does similar things to Discogs, but may be less accessible for cataloguing purposes.

I'm Steve.

I did about 2000 Lps over the course of a year. Now it's just about keeping up with new purchases.

Well worth it, I can refer my insurance agent to the list, and it also stops me from buying doubles as often...

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    I did about 2000 Lps over the course of a year. Now it's just about keeping up with new purchases.

Well worth it, I can refer my insurance agent to the list, and it also stops me from buying doubles as often...
    Found I have around 5 doubles so not to bad.
    I found it therapeutic going through the albums and singles as I pulled some to one side to have another listen.
    A few years back I played every one from start to finish - took many months - and you soon realise how your musical tastes do change over the years!!
    Main system:

Digital.
    Raspberry PI plus IQAudio DAC+. Philips DCC 730. NAS drive
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit. AudioNote Arm 1 V2. Goldring Elite MC and Cairn Boost
    Lenco L75 in Birch ply plinth. Linn Basik Plus. A&R P77 cart (Paratrace by Expert)

Amp. Pure Sound A30
    Speakers. Reiver Jenna floor standers

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post

Something which hasn't been mentioned is insurance. If you can catalogue (and photograph), you have a pretty good record and valuation in the event of a claim.
    To that point, taking a bunch of photos of what's in your shelves / crates is worthwhile.

In addition, as someone who has inadvertently bought duplicates, I've found it handy to be able to check the photos on my mobile when I'm a record shop and about to pull the trigger.

Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast