+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Discogs my collection

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Cat View Post

In addition, as someone who has inadvertently bought duplicates, I've found it handy to be able to check the photos on my mobile when I'm a record shop and about to pull the trigger.

Pete
    Fine if you've got a mobile; I haven't, but as the vast majority of records I've bought have come from charity shops, inadvertent duplicates come cheaply.

I'm Grant.

only got 1 doubler. although i do have 2 copies of abbey road, but different pressings.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Phil.

Loaded mine onto Discogs last year...bit of a ball-ache, but worth it in the end. Easy now to add to it as I make purchases.

I'm pitching my hoard's value somewhere between the median (£8.5k) and the top end (£15k), somewhere around £12k. Feels about right.

One thing to consider if you're insuring your vinyl is factoring in postage costs in the event of your collection being destroyed. Multiply your item count by £4-£4.50 (which is what I seem to be paying at the moment for domestic shipments) and include that in your estimation of your collection's value.

Replacing a collection of, say, 500 records (assuming you buy each one from different sellers) will cost you £2250 in postage alone.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lawton View Post
    Loaded mine onto Discogs last year...bit of a ball-ache, but worth it in the end. Easy now to add to it as I make purchases.

I'm pitching my hoard's value somewhere between the median (£8.5k) and the top end (£15k), somewhere around £12k. Feels about right.

One thing to consider if you're insuring your vinyl is factoring in postage costs in the event of your collection being destroyed. Multiply your item count by £4-£4.50 (which is what I seem to be paying at the moment for domestic shipments) and include that in your estimation of your collection's value.

Replacing a collection of, say, 500 records (assuming you buy each one from different sellers) will cost you £2250 in postage alone.
    Ouch - I think I will need to take some pictures soon and save them in the Cloud as no good keeping the pictures on the phone/camera/laptop etc - if they get burned then nothing to prove etc....
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Phil.

I've just started on cleaning my entire collection - might as well do this at the same time. I predict slow progress though!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MarginWalker View Post
    I've just started on cleaning my entire collection - might as well do this at the same time. I predict slow progress though!
    It's not a quick job. Far best done slowly but properly, with the soak during and rest for evaporation after before sleeving in new inners.

I'm Mike.

Don't know about you, but if I lost even part of my 1250+ collection, I certainly wouldn't expect to replace them all, even if I could. The insurance companies wouldn't entertain consequential loss (i.e. postage) anyway. The sheer hassles of trying to source duplicates IN THE SAME CONDITION from Ebay, Discogs, Popsike or wherever doesn't bear thinking about.

I'm Russell.

If I were to loose my record collection to fire or theft, it would be like a loss in the family! Like your 20 year old dog died! Insurance could lessen the blow, but it would be a real chore to even attempt to replace them. If a flood came and I had to leave suddenly, my records and photos would be the only items I would pack, all else can be replaced.

I’ve made my son in law promise he will take possession of my collection, and stereo. He tells me it’s morbid, but he has promised to keep the Records and not sell them. By the way he does like my kind of music. He can sell the stereo, to help pay to plant me in the ground. Or keep it and bury me in the woods?

Russell

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    . He can sell the stereo, to help pay to plant me in the ground. Or keep it and bury me in the woods?

Russell
    I understand that a short sing-song before tossing the cadaver into a wood-chipper is rising in popularity.

I'm Russell.

I understand that a short sing-song before tossing the cadaver into a wood-chipper is rising in popularity.
    Haha! That’s good too, I’ll be fertilizing the lawn! I’ll finally be doing something useful!

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456