+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luxman - SQ507X

I'm Dan.

Default Luxman - SQ507X

Hello Lads

Well this beauty arrived today on a whim from an ad i inquired about and he said he had this and a few more bits including a boxed Rotel RP 1500 i think this has a jelco arm pictures and a new thread to follow

The luxman has not been used for many years but fired up and both channels are working but it needs a service just encase this is a thing of excellence and sounds good as it is quite rare as is... im using headphones as testing but all is OK so far...also very clean condition wise not really a mark on it but the fascia needs a clean but other wise even has the schematic & manual...if thats the correct spelling

£174 in 1973
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Geoff.

Nice. It should sound pretty good. Cheaper than the R-600 receiver I bought new for £200 back then. I'd always thought it was dearer. I love Luxman gear from the seventies, real quality. I had a similar fondness for the Harman Kardon range.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andr'e.

Dan those arms are like the ones you use to get on the original Ariston 'RD11'

The 'RP-3000' was the top model at the time

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Nice. It should sound pretty good. Cheaper than the R-600 receiver I bought new for £200 back then. I'd always thought it was dearer. I love Luxman gear from the seventies, real quality. I had a similar fondness for the Harman Kardon range.
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual-Symmetry View Post
    Dan those arms are like the ones you use to get on the original Ariston 'RD11'

The 'RP-3000' was the top model at the time
    Cool

Im not even sure the rotel has been used the connections are din and its powered by AC from the amp i might have to send it off for a rewire or just use it with the quadies....i suspect a new belt but haven't looked yet their cheap enough...
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Andr'e.

Dan. Its not taking any power from the Luxman, the previous owner with have just used the Luxman AC two pin outlets on the rear, connecting the Rotel Power cable to. Just the same as the ones on the back of your Quad '33' [but smaller] that are used to Switch on the '303'/'FM-3' the same time you power up your '33'
    Last edited by Virtual-Symmetry; 02-06-2016 at 20:19.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual-Symmetry View Post
    Dan. Its not taking any power from the Luxman, the previous owner with have just used the Luxman AC two pin outlets on the rear the connect the Rotel Power cable to. Just the same as the ones on the back of your Quad '33' that are used to Switch on the '303'/'FM-3' the same time you power up your '33'
    Its all learning dude....

Thanks
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Dan.

Gradually warming this up...has a few scratchy switches after a couple of wiggles its OK and both channels are fine....ive taken off the cover and inside is exceptionally clean for one thats been in a loft mind you it was safely wrapped in bubble wrap... i was gonna clean the switches , pots myself but have no lubricant i only servisol super 10 so i think next week ill book it in for a full service and possible re cap..fine bit of kit they dont make them like this anymore....actually very heavy too....
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Grant.

Look for any bulging or leaky ones Dan... Luxman stuff used good components so much of them may well be ok...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Look for any bulging or leaky ones Dan... Luxman stuff used good components so much of them may well be ok...
    I couldn't see any bulging or leaking ones grant but never inspected fully so i guess i'll do that later im just running it through headphones and a techy CDP i got with the lot including a Aiwa AD 1500 & Sony ST vintage tuner Aiwa's in the box and has the instructions even the original cellophane is still wrapped around them not its ever been used... pictures to follow...
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast