+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1162

Thread: LENCO - GL75 Project

I'm Andrew.

Tonight's Update - The Reference Lenco Pt CIII - The end of the long and winding road.

I think the 75 hs now been pushed as far as it can go and TBH I'm not really that bothered for trying to eek out any more performance from the deck. I'm actually more interested in getting the Garrard 301 as far up the sonic ladder as I can. There really isn't anything new happening on the Lenco scene as such and I think just about every tweak and mod that can be done has been done. I've had a lot of fun but now I think it's time to just enjoy the fruits of all that labour. So, farewell.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

No the thread has not been resurrected (just yet), but I'd like to say a big thanks for all the people who have generated 100,000 views!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Tonight's Update - The Reference Lenco Pt CIV - What's this necromancy?

Just as you thought the old bugger was dead it suddenly becomes reanimated. I've not touched the 75 in quite some time in fact it's been sitting in the loft for a while whilst I decide what I want to do with it. I'm still a regular reader and contributor when the mood takes me. I've noticed that there appears to be a new motor and speed controller project over on LH and here it is https://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/in...?topic=31895.0 I've put my name down for a full kit. It will probably take quite some time for it to arrive but that's ok as I'm restoring a Garrard 401 at the moment. Should be quite good fun. As ever stay tuned.....
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual-Symmetry View Post
    Yep down as one of the worse things i ever bought.
    Andre,i hear what your saying, the standard gl75 with its arm and plinth (to my ears) is nothing special at all, thats not to say its bad ......its just not for me. however the baring .the motor and the platter a different thing altogether, do you see me as buchering a run of the mill turntable that most hifi enthusiasts looked down there noses at back when they were on sale, or can you see that by modding these turntables they become much much more than the sum of there parts ? there was a time when you could pick up a nice condition gl75 for ten to fifteen quid at a boot sale , thats how little people thought of them so what is so wrong in turning one of these turntables into a very fine instrument for spinning youre vinyl on ? if they made a gl today with its platter and motor and baring plus a proper plinth and arm borde you would be paying for a lot of money for it, and they can sound extremely good , good enough to go up against high end............think of it like taking a austin allegro ( no redeeming features at all) and turning it into an aston martin rivale or a norman nippy moped into a vincent black shadow . regard steve

I'm Andrew.

Todays Update - The Reference Lenco Pt CV - COVID 19 Special return from the dead (Again) post!

I've not looked at the Lenco for nearly 10 months. Nothing has really changed on the Lenco scene, no new upgrades. So, I'm going to dig the '75 out and see if we can tweak anything. Should be a good laugh! It's another good way of passing some time until the lockdown passes. I'll be posting my findings, presuming I can find anything else to do on the deck. So, stay tuned!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Todays Update - The Reference Lenco Pt CVI - Finally another update!

Well summat's brewin here in Yorkshire! I decided to have a go at making my own PTP inspired Lenco. I'll not be buying a PTP kit but simply making my own. So, I have a spare top plate that I found in the garage and I've now ordered a Dremel 4000 drill + kit to help me prepare the top plate. I intend making a whole new plinth of my own design and incorporating all those features that I dreamed up but never quite managed to install in my old '75 project. It should be fun, expensive and keep me entertained over Xmas.

Over and out....
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

This sounds interesting Andy
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Todays Update - The Reference Lenco Pt CVII - Coming together.

I managed to pick up my Dremel 4000 on Saturday and it's a beast. This project is going to be dependent upon a number of things. I've yet to price up Panzerholz and I have no idea how much I shall need. I'm probably going to look at the PTP .PDF that's floating around for the plinth design and then modify that to get the separate tonearm pod. The unique motor and PSU for this project is currently sitting in a far away country and still being repaired. I might start hacking the top plate up tomorrow if I get a little spare time to myself. It should be quite good fun. This will be my 4th Lenco project. It's quite slow going at the moment and I'm hoping to pick up some momentum in the next few weeks.

As ever stay tuned...
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Todays Update - The Reference Lenco Pt CVIII - A weird feeling in the loins (oo-er missus).

Yep, a carry on moment is ever there was one. I really really fancy doing a PTP 6 project with all my spare parts that I have kicking around and from all the messing around that I did when originally learning about how to mod Lenco's. I've fancied doing something for ages but haven't really had the inspiration. I think I really need to empty my loft and see what I have kicking around.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread