+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stopping Windows 10 Install

I'm keith.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You are being spied upon Keith.

By the way, you need a shave and mind you don't knock that drink over and get your feet off the furniture!
    The point was that it isnt just windows 10 and that people have been saying dont upgrade windows with every new version. Im assuming you have used a few different computers in the last 20 yrs though?

If its that much of an issue for people then just retire from digital/online life as youll never get away from it no matter what version of software or computer you are using. Otherwise just enjoy life and stop worrying about every single thing.

I'm Andr'e.

Ive tried so hard to stop using a computer but everything is geared around being online these days. Banking, buying records etc..

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    No photos or music then.
    ive got 4 ex hdd's... all copies of copies lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by skimminstones View Post
    Im assuming you have used a few different computers in the last 20 yrs though?
    Not quite. I knew nothing about them at all until I bought my first in 2004.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive got 4 ex hdd's... all copies of copies lol
    Yep, have a Drobo NAS, and a portable hard drive I take to work.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Robert.

Right, I plucked up the courage to switch back on and hit F8 like crazy
    A black screen appeared with the words restoring back to your previous version or something like that anyway after a while it gave me normal log on screen, after logging on desk top appeared and looked as normal.
    I went to view update history and you've guessed ... Under name - Upgrade to Windows 10, version 1511, 10586, Under status - failed ( Yipp flippin eeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!! )

Looks like by pulling the plug whilst install was at just 7% and turning off internet I've give the install process a right kick in the seed bag region !! (hopefully)
    Bar stewards !!!
    I'll keep an eye on things though as i've no doubt the devious, slippery, insistent, wormy tool from ihell will continue to fight dirty and try and find a way in.

Having it installed is one thing but the other thing that really is a pain, is that when I did install it way back when it first appeared on my pc with it's coercive ways, it made my pc operate so poorly, clunky and unstable that it was rendered useless and not fit for purpose.

I spoke to Lenovo at the time who despite Microsoft forcing this on us said that it was actually not compatible with my very new all in one Lenovo pc. But of course Microsoft wouldn't care about that and the inconvenience to me and my family who use the thing on a daily basis for homework and so on - sod the guinea pigs eh !

As a result I ended up having to do a system restore back to 8.1. Even though the family lost precious pics, files, documents etc it was actually a relief to have what you could actually call a pc again.

They can get lost - 8.1 might not be perfect but at least we have no issues with it and the pc works ffs

Thanks for all your help guys
    Bless
    Rob

I'm Grant.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04..._7_8_machines/

http://www.computerworld.com/article...g-notices.html

this should give you some of the folders they use in your updates.. if you find them, then you can delete or uninstall them and then hide future ones.. that might help.. witch to no updates as well.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Chris.

Default 277 Active distributions at Distrowatch

I cannot imagine anything worse than being restricted

277 active Distributions here http://distrowatch.com

Cheers / Chris

I'm Geoff.

Lucky there Rob.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast