+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mornin' all.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Default mornin' all.

Hi AoS

Have lurked here for a while now and finally got around to introducing my self, so Andy here. Have always loved music and have a wide range of likes although mostly 70's Rock (Zep , Skynard, Sabbath) , reggae and Blues. But also some jazz (Dollar brand, Nina Simone) and world music, I also really like female vocalists.

System currently-

Linn Classik for amp duties
    Celestion compact A's
    MJ Acoustics Sub
    Beresford Bushmaster 2
    Notts Analogue interspace SE (mahogany version)
    Ageing Kontrapunkt B
    OL modded rega 300
    NJC Audio headphone Amp
    Hifi man 500s
    Angle Audio reference 1 phono stage

Have recently acquired some Tannoy HPD 295a drivers and will be looking to build some Eaton clones over the summer , so may well post some gubbins about that in the DIY section in future.

Cheers All.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Andy. Welcome to AOS.

Nice system you have there. Apart from your speaker project, do you have any changes in mind?

There's lots to get involved with here. Have a look around and join in the banter.

The HPD 295a units are lovely (I've had five pairs), but they definitely benefit from a bigger cabinet than the Eaton. There are a few people here who could advise you. Not least of whom is Paul at RFC (trade).

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Thanks Geoff,

I would like to add a power amp at some stage and plan to get a new cart later on in the year , maybe a ZYX 100 or something. I'm not one for overnight big bangs changes re Hifi tbh, more evolve over a period of time. It also depends what is available second hand! Having said that I guess we all dream of owning unobtanium kit at times.

Regarding the Eaton's, I chose that design as it's pretty straightforward and means I can test my DIY skills out before trying something more ambitious down the line. Also space is a factor at the moment but hey it's all part of the fun.

I have been in contact with Mr RFC and ordered some crossovers from him for the build, he is very helpful and obviously know his stuff.

Cheers Andy

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Andy

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread