+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Back in Black

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefield Turntables View Post
    I would have expected nothing less!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm James.

So four weeks later I am happy to report 2M Black stylus has been replaced FOC by the dealer for a new one. I asked him why it took so long and he mentioned that the importer was super busy which I can understand especially as they are the main distributor for Ortofon. I was someway down the line to be dealt with.

Tonight I start the whole process of running a new stylus in again!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Dave.

So busy they couldn't put a stylus in a jiffy bag ?

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    So busy they couldn't put a stylus in a jiffy bag ?
    To be fair I think they had to check it first. That takes another 5 mins!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    To be fair I think they had to check it first. That takes another 5 mins!
    Yesterday I bought a portion of chips. The whole transaction, including taking my money, giving me change, customising to my requirements (salt & vinegar), wrapping it up and providing free delivery across the counter was done in less than a minute. And it was a lot of chips.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yesterday I bought a portion of chips. The whole transaction, including taking my money, giving me change, customising to my requirements (salt & vinegar), wrapping it up and providing free delivery across the counter was done in less than a minute. And it was a lot of chips.
    That's what I had tonight. Delicious!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

Tonight I start the whole process of running a new stylus in again!
    Well if you don't want the hassle I can always find time to listen to a 2MB !!!!!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm James.

I'm James.

Extraordinary sound from the new 2M stylus. Just gobsmacked. Going from my standby 1000+ hour stylus to this new one has been a revelation. On every parameter you can measure this new stylus sounds so much better. The cantilever /stylus profile looks correct from the side view tracking so I am very very happy.

I know I have said it many times but the 2M Black is a fabulous sounding cartridge and has perfect synergy with my phono stage/ preamp and the rest of my system and is the main reason I have never felt the need to move onto anything better. It satisfies my listening experience 100% which is a great place to be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334