+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in Black

I'm Alan.

Excellent Jimbo, of course that is the beauty of MM carts, being able to change the stylus.

I put my Lyra cart on the subs bench a while back as the hours are unknown.
    I have lent it out and the recipient thinks it may be past its prime with a slightly rolled off top end.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Excellent Jimbo, of course that is the beauty of MM carts, being able to change the stylus.

I have lent it out and the recipient thinks it may be past its prime with a slightly rolled off top end.
    Did you see my other post tonight with the clicker counter device I bought from Amazon. Nice nifty way to count those hours of vinyl pleasure.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Mike.

I use an app on my phone to count the exact run time. Open the app and a tap on the cartridge you've listed and away it goes. Hit stop or pause when changing sides, simple and accurate. Best of all, it's free

It's called Swipetimes, available on Google Play for android devices.

https://www.swipetimes.com/en/

The Screenshot shows my current lineup and usage.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post

It is handy I suppose, though the stylus alone isn't massively cheaper than the whole 2M Black cart (approx £370 vs £500). Mine needs changing in the coming weeks, and there are no 2MB bargains to be had. Might have to go CD-only until British Gas stop clobbering me.

Hoping this is where James says "God no, I paid nowhere near that much, try these people"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Brian.

Good post mate. New stylus happy listener
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It is handy I suppose, though the stylus alone isn't massively cheaper than the whole 2M Black cart (approx £370 vs £500). Mine needs changing in the coming weeks, and there are no 2MB bargains to be had. Might have to go CD-only until British Gas stop clobbering me.

Hoping this is where James says "God no, I paid nowhere near that much, try these people"
    I wish I could point you somewhere cheap but mine did cost £370. But do try and haggle because I got the vendor down from 399 to £370 very easily. No harm in making an offer?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I use an app on my phone to count the exact run time. Open the app and a tap on the cartridge you've listed and away it goes. Hit stop or pause when changing sides, simple and accurate. Best of all, it's free

It's called Swipetimes, available on Google Play for android devices.

https://www.swipetimes.com/en/

The Screenshot shows my current lineup and usage.

That looks a great little app Mike, thanks.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Good post mate. New stylus happy listener

Your going to hear a lot more mate

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

Steve, can you remember how long your last 2M Black took to run in?

I'm James.

Dialled in VTA tonight and VTF of 1.6g and everything has snapped into focus with great balance across tonal range. Sounded tad bright until I fiddled with VTA. I had adjusted for last 2M Black to take into consideration wear on suspension and therefore new stylus did need a re adjustment. Just a pointer for anyone messing with new 2M black stylus, your VTA will be out when you fit a new one.

One aspect that puzzles me greatly is this is my 4th stylus but it is way quieter in the groove than previous new 2M Black stylus and therefore the background is even darker. Music just floats out of an inky blackness?
    Last edited by Jimbo; 10-01-2023 at 06:48.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast