+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in Black

I'm Kevin.

The 2MB certainly does not lack in detail, that is sure.
    For me, it was too much like listening to a CD. I am tempted to try one, as the only thing that remains the same in my system is the TT. Everything else has changed, so there is a chance the 2MB would perform better for me now.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    The 2MB certainly does not lack in detail, that is sure.
    For me, it was too much like listening to a CD. I am tempted to try one, as the only thing that remains the same in my system is the TT. Everything else has changed, so there is a chance the 2MB would perform better for me now.
    I would say Kevin that the 2M is quite sensitive to system components and can be influenced very much by equipment downstream. I have heard it with the chip amp you are using but not your other components. I prefer valve phono stages with the 2M which maybe an option you have?

If it were not for the nightmare customs/duties etc situation now between our two countries I would send you out a 2M black to try but unfortunately I have given up importing or exporting anything into Europe now as I have had so many issues.

If you still play a fair amount of vinyl however I would definitely recommend you try the 2M again in your current system.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Kevin.

Jimbo, I have a Big bottle 3 phono stage now. I think I had a Graham Slee Reflex M at the time of owning a 2MB. I still have access to the Reflex M now, as well as a few other Slee phono stages.

The customs situation stops me from offering to send my EPC-205 and AT20SLa across, to make it an interesting "group test". I preferred the EPC-205 to the M55/Jico SAS/B combination I had.

It would have been interesting to see what you thought of the AT20SLa / SS as it is a top notch cartridge i(n my opinion).
    Kevin

I'm James.

Jimbo, I have a Big bottle 3 phono stage now. I think I had a Graham Slee Reflex M at the time of owning a 2MB. I still have access to the Reflex M now, as well as a few other Slee phono stages.

The customs situation stops me from offering to send my EPC-205 and AT20SLa across, to make it an interesting "group test". I preferred the EPC-205 to the M55/Jico SAS/B combination I had.

It would have been interesting to see what you thought of the AT20SLa / SS as it is a top notch cartridge i(n my opinion).
    Sad European situation is what it is. I have heard good things about the EPC-205. I might look out for one to try one day.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Kevin.

Ideally, you need the Mk III.
    Do not pay silly money for one with an original stylus, as the TTDD (Technics Temperature Defence Damper) is very likely to be dead.
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

Just had a quick look. They are going for silly money.
    Kevin

I'm James.

Yikes they are expensive!

I'm Andrew.

Well that Technics MM has been moved off the bucket list!!!!!!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Brexit is a real bugger!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Kevin.

Have a look at HiFi shark. There are a few in Germany at a sensible price.
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast