+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 269

Thread: Back in Black

  1. #1
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Birmingham

    Posts: 5,430
    I'm James.

    Default Back in Black

    It's good to be back!

    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Jimbo; 13-05-2016 at 19:22.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

    Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

  2. #2
    Join Date: May 2012

    Location: Toulouse, France

    Posts: 5,899
    I'm Kevin.

    Default

    I am still trying to make my mind up between the Hana SL and AT33PTG/II.
    They are both good, but a little different. I still need to get a few more hours on the Hana to make sure it's fully run in, and you go and post this....

    Kevin

    Too busy enjoying the music....

    European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

  3. #3
    Join Date: Apr 2011

    Location: London

    Posts: 4,423
    I'm Robert.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    It's good to be back!

    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Nice one Jimbo, The Blacks a class act. Magical and addictive thing, it's the accuracy I love, no two albums sound the same and as I always say, why would they

  4. #4
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Birmingham

    Posts: 5,430
    I'm James.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I am still trying to make my mind up between the Hana SL and AT33PTG/II.
    They are both good, but a little different. I still need to get a few more hours on the Hana to make sure it's fully run in, and you go and post this....


    I find it difficult to remember sound precisely so I popped the 2M back on as a reference. This time I have spent ages with the set up and it sounds absolutely superb. This cartridge certainly does the biz and I was surprised going back to it after 6 months experimenting with other cartridges just how great it is!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

    Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

  5. #5
    Join Date: Apr 2011

    Location: London

    Posts: 4,423
    I'm Robert.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I find it difficult to remember sound precisely so I popped the 2M back on as a reference. This time I have spent ages with the set up and it sounds absolutely superb. This cartridge certainly does the biz and I was surprised going back to it after 6 months experimenting with other cartridges just how great it is!
    Exactly. It just has a way of laying out whats in those grooves and the rightness of vocals, instruments and tangible horns just add to the making music sound great whilst not glossing over things.

    In fact whilst the Quintet Black does the same stuf in pretty much the same way, I'd say the difference is that it offers up a gnats more refinement and retrieval of another layer of filigree detail, BUT the 2MB has more bass weight which some might ultimately prefer over the QB - Both bloody class performers at not daft money in my opinion though

  6. #6
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Birmingham

    Posts: 5,430
    I'm James.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Exactly. It just has a way of laying out whats in those grooves and the rightness of vocals, instruments and tangible horns just add to the making music sound great whilst not glossing over things.

    In fact whilst the Quintet Black does the same stuf in pretty much the same way, I'd say the difference is that it offers up a gnats more refinement and retrieval of another layer of filigree detail, BUT the 2MB has more bass weight which some might ultimately prefer over the QB - Both bloody class performers at not daft money in my opinion though
    Yes it is a very classy performer and does so much right. I thought my 301 was detailed but the 2M pulls out even more and has a touch more weight. I really had forgotten just how good it is and I think it may well stop me moving any further with MC cartridges.

    Next cartridge will be something very different indeed!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

    Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

  7. #7
    Join Date: Apr 2011

    Location: London

    Posts: 4,423
    I'm Robert.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Yes it is a very classy performer and does so much right. I thought my 301 was detailed but the 2M pulls out even more and has a touch more weight. I really had forgotten just how good it is and I think it may well stop me moving any further with MC cartridges.

    Next cartridge will be something very different indeed!

  8. #8
    Join Date: Oct 2012

    Location: The Black Country

    Posts: 5,948
    I'm Alan.

    Default

    Decca then James?

  9. #9
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Birmingham

    Posts: 5,430
    I'm James.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Decca then James?
    Yes indeed.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

    Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

  10. #10
    Join Date: May 2012

    Location: Toulouse, France

    Posts: 5,899
    I'm Kevin.

    Default

    A Decca? Never heard one, but it's on the list of things to try and get a listen to.

    I am also still tempted by a Music Maker. I have heard so much about them, but this won't be until next year.
    I think I have bought enough cartridges this year already.
    Kevin

    Too busy enjoying the music....

    European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •