+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio Technica cartridge service?

I'm Kevin.

That looks like the normal AT150MLX stylus.
    There is also the AT150SA stylus available.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm scott.

AT150Mlx is now out of production ( MicroLine Stylus ) & now replaced by the AT150SA ( Shibata Stylus ) .

I'm Mike.

Thanks for the info you guys. I did not know about the new 150SA shibata replacement stylus, which is compatible with the 150MLX body. AT quoted me £149 for that little beauty. Sold! That made my day!

I'm Mike.

Update: I'm about 5 hours of listening into my new ATN150SA stylus. I am very impressed. The amount of bass definition and slam coming through my system is smothering my face with a huge grin. This thing LOVES bass! I'm listening to Mano Negra's Puta Fever right now, it never sounded so lively before. Same amount of low surface noise as the 150MLX but I'm not noticing the saturated high end anymore, it sounds more smoothed out, whilst still being quite detailed in the resolution. Instrument separation is more pronounced. Everything sounds luscious, rich and exciting. I quite liked the 2M Bronze that I was using during the interim, and was pretty happy with the detail, transparency and bass (after breaking it in) but this cart is more flattering and bass even better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12