+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked! Germany Secretly Aims For EU Army!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    Do you have a single credible reference for that statement? I readily accept that the EU was intended to be a political union. That's why it has a Parliament and legislature.
    But "nation states will be disbanded"???
    One credible source.
    As I said there used to be an EU regions map and it was on an official EU site - but I can't find it now so they must have taken it down. It was about 10 years ago and the EU has become much more unpopular since then.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

I,m sure ive seen that somewhere too.... Twas some years ago though.

A eu army would make a mockery of those "we must be able to defend the country and have neuclear weapons" though.. Assuming this spreads through the forces of course ,,, as it would.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Who would we fight with this EU army? Or defend against? The Russians?

I suppose if the EU had central control of all armed forces it would prevent the individual states taking unilateral action that the EU disagreed with. Our gov is probably dumb enough to go along with it but I can't see the French going for it.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I can't see the French going for it.
    Yes. I expect France probably has the biggest and best set of armed forces in Europe. I can't see them being willing to relinquish any control.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

I may be out of date but the Bundeswehr was the largest army in western Europe. As for the French being the 'best' that is debatable. They relied on conscription until 1997. Historically only the Foreign Legion and the paratroops have demonstrated any exceptional fighting qualities. The bulk of their new professional army remains untested.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Richard.

As I said there used to be an EU regions map and it was on an official EU site - but I can't find it now so they must have taken it down. It was about 10 years ago and the EU has become much more unpopular since then.
    I'll take that for no then

And presumably this alleged EU map on a web site (internet launched in 1991) was not your claimed evidence of a 1950's plan for an integrated army and police force.

Is anybody here aware that both Turkey and Germany are part of NATO?

I'm joe.

I may be out of date but the Bundeswehr was the largest army in western Europe. As for the French being the 'best' that is debatable. They relied on conscription until 1997. Historically only the Foreign Legion and the paratroops have demonstrated any exceptional fighting qualities. The bulk of their new professional army remains untested.
    Surely it is the Italian army that is the best in the world?

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpinkman View Post
    I'll take that for no then

And presumably this alleged EU map on a web site (internet launched in 1991) was not your claimed evidence of a 1950's plan for an integrated army and police force.
    I vaguely remember some hoo-hah about a map of Europe published around ten years ago that missed out Wales, here you go:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3715512.stm

A bureaucratic blunder has left Wales off a map of Europe on the cover of a prestigious EU reference book.
    The Eurostat Statistical Compendium has all the facts and figures on Europe.

All EU member states, and the rest of Britain, are accurately represented on the cover - but Wales has disappeared and been replaced by the Irish Sea.

A line was drawn from Chester to the Severn Estuary, roughly along the English border, but to the west there is nothing until the Irish coast.

I'm Neil.

They've wanted to do this for ages. It won't happen, if anything, because the equipment cannot be standardised. Also, each military has their own doctrine, finally, only three member states have aircraft carriers, so the burden would be disproportionate. NATO more than does the job.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm keith.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes. I expect France probably has the biggest and best set of armed forces in Europe. I can't see them being willing to relinquish any control.
    Why do you expect that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast