+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hillsborough inquests: 'justice' for the 96 dead. Now we await accountability...

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed. Had to laugh at that bell-end MacKenzie being rather 'robustly questioned' outside his house by a CH4 news reporter:

http://www.channel4.com/news/kelvin-...channel-4-news

Hahahaha... I hope he felt suitably harassed and uncomfortable, and will feel even more so when he is brought to account for his actions! I'd 'pick his pocket' in a way that he'd never forget...

Marco.
    This clip is the best response I've heard to McKenzie's part in the whole sorry affair:

http://www.lbc.co.uk/james-obrien-ta...borough-129469
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Default UK: The corruption capital of Europe?

Top notch. Now there's a dude who tells it *exactly* as it is, and isn't afraid to do so. James O'Brien for PM!

"That's Great Britain", indeed. Although, when you scratch beneath the surface, I'm not sure quite what exactly is so "Great" about it.....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Josie.

+1

That was a stonking response... THAT should be all over the news, right now... But I'm sure Murdoch and McKenzie will buy in to make sure it stays out of the terrestrials.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

In the 80's I used to go to Wednesday matches with my dad and my uncle. I remember the time when they fitted the fences along the front line of the cop. We always stood in the south stand. Everyone at the time didn't like the fences and a friend of ours who used to stand in the cop said that it felt like a jail.

At the time of the disaster we lived just up the road from Hillsborough in Ecclesfield. I remember the day and even moreso the day after as I drove up Leppings Lane. I remember lots of litter but the road was open which felt odd.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Neil.

I watched the footage on You Tube earlier today, there is footage recorded live off RTE, and the whole thing was a shambles, no one appeared to be in control. I watched it with growing horror at the complete and utter lack of any kind of joint up thinking. There must have been procedures in place for those sort of eventualities and yet it took ages for the police or medical or fire brigade to do anything.

I applaud the courageous actions of fans who saved people helping them over the bars, to the stalls above, but so many died and they shouldn't have.

Looking at it, it seems that there was a mindset in place, these are scum football fans, hoods and I wonder if the police being of a mind to deal with troublemakers rioters took way too long to move into disaster event policing. Someone should have taken control, did anyone ? I saw children hurt, women hurt and I saw people dying in that footage, all human beings first and foremost. Cluster fuck describes what I saw.

The press, what they said at the time stunk and still does, they should be punished too. I am glad the victims finally have some redress but its way too late and that it took this long is appalling.

96 human being died that day, not football fans, not working class no bodies, thugs but valuable human beings.

After watching the footage I ended up at the Bradford stand fire (don't go watch it unless you want your mind scarred forever ) and what a contrast, the police are heroes in that incident, and members of the public there to watch a game of football also. Putting their lives second to rescue folks trapped and drag people from the fire.

I remember seeing that live, don't know how cause I am not into sport or football and it was shocking just how quickly that incident happened. There is footage of policemen clothes burning as they rescue and clear the stands, a policeman who's head is on fire, and similar for civilians doing their best to save lives.

The worst footage is towards the end when a man walks from the stand fully alight head to toe, as I write this I can still see that and policemen run to put coats over him, again putting their lives at risk to help, heroes one and all, 56 died that day.

People make mistakes, the police make mistakes and yes folks who make mistakes that cost lives should pay for that. Its a shame its taken so long for justice to happen, or maybe that should be begin to happen.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

I watched it as it happened knowing my father and one of my brothers were there and having no idea if they were okay.

No desire to watch it again.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Yes, I saw both on telly. Not good days for anyone. I do remember many sick things being bandied about which was ooo then, and much worse now. There will of course always be folk who will try and trash folks memory. some for fun, and some for cash,... You do however expect, no unreasonably, the authorities to be above that, but alas no. I remember the Ibrox disaster being handled in a much better way; maybe it was the times, where folk were more decent to one and other
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I watched the footage on You Tube earlier today, there is footage recorded live off RTE, and the whole thing was a shambles, no one appeared to be in control. I watched it with growing horror at the complete and utter lack of any kind of joint up thinking. There must have been procedures in place for those sort of eventualities and yet it took ages for the police or medical or fire brigade to do anything.

I applaud the courageous actions of fans who saved people helping them over the bars, to the stalls above, but so many died and they shouldn't have.

Looking at it, it seems that there was a mindset in place, these are scum football fans, hoods and I wonder if the police being of a mind to deal with troublemakers rioters took way too long to move into disaster event policing. Someone should have taken control, did anyone ? I saw children hurt, women hurt and I saw people dying in that footage, all human beings first and foremost. Cluster fuck describes what I saw.

The press, what they said at the time stunk and still does, they should be punished too. I am glad the victims finally have some redress but its way too late and that it took this long is appalling.

96 human being died that day, not football fans, not working class no bodies, thugs but valuable human beings.

After watching the footage I ended up at the Bradford stand fire (don't go watch it unless you want your mind scarred forever ) and what a contrast, the police are heroes in that incident, and members of the public there to watch a game of football also. Putting their lives second to rescue folks trapped and drag people from the fire.

I remember seeing that live, don't know how cause I am not into sport or football and it was shocking just how quickly that incident happened. There is footage of policemen clothes burning as they rescue and clear the stands, a policeman who's head is on fire, and similar for civilians doing their best to save lives.

The worst footage is towards the end when a man walks from the stand fully alight head to toe, as I write this I can still see that and policemen run to put coats over him, again putting their lives at risk to help, heroes one and all, 56 died that day.

People make mistakes, the police make mistakes and yes folks who make mistakes that cost lives should pay for that. Its a shame its taken so long for justice to happen, or maybe that should be begin to happen.
    There were Police men and women, at Hillsborough who were heroes, rank and file officers who helped save people and put themselves at risk.

I felt it important to say that, because my post above suggests there were none, when there were. The faults lie further up the chain, and the guy ultimately in charge David Duckenfield.

I am watching the documentary on the BBC 2 (now) and I have seen the courageous actions of police officers.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

very true Neil, although their silence afterwards was less than laudable, although understandable given the pressure put on many of them from above etc. Alas, many orginizations work on the principle that you never split on someone or something your told to say; you follow the lead or are ostracised.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I am watching the documentary on the BBC 2 (now) and I have seen the courageous actions of police officers.
    We watched it last night as well. It seems like a very important documentary that shows in some depth the extent of the cover-up that took 27 years fully expose. It is quite upsetting in parts.

It is available for another 29 days on iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...n/hillsborough

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123