+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: My Constant State of Change System...

I'm Gary.

Love your room and setup Man.
    Top work!

Don't be discouraged,
    assume everyone see's what you post.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Charles.

Not discouraged at all. Just not too thrilled with the lack of activity on this site.

I have plenty of other forums that have a lot more action on them.
    Preamp | Amplifier: Pass Labs XP-20 | Odyssey Stratos Monoblocks
    Analogue Sources: Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2
    DAC | Digital Sources: Auralic Altair G1 | JVC XL-Z411
    Speakers | Subwoofers: Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2
    Power Conditioning: Blue Circle Audio | Monster HTS 5000
    Cables: Wireworld | Pangea Audio | AudioQuest

I'm Steve.

How you getting on with those subs Charles? SVS has been on my radar for a while...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm John.

Lovely room and system Charles, appreciate the photos.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by cube-tube View Post
    Not discouraged at all. Just not too thrilled with the lack of activity on this site.

One of the main forum catalysts is currently on the missing list (Marco) so that's slowed things down noticeably.

Awesome system and room you have there and I wouldn't worry about the lack of plaudits my own gallery thread has suffered with a few tumbleweed moments, sometimes people just have nothing to add to what's been said & there's no 'like' button

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    One of the main forum catalysts is currently on the missing list (Marco) so that's slowed things down noticeably.

Awesome system and room you have there and I wouldn't worry about the lack of plaudits my own gallery thread has suffered with a few tumbleweed moments, sometimes people just have nothing to add to what's been said & there's no 'like' button
    Quite so, I would like a "like" button because I'm a lazy sod

Cool room, at first I couldn't work out what type of flooring you have Charles. Last couple of photo's seem to show that it is wood - I'm interested because I have recently had engineered Oak flooring laid. I was all set to get a rug to put in front of the speakers, like you have, but have found that I like the sound as it is.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by cube-tube View Post

A while ago I saw a system thread where the OP asked people to stop commenting as it was "his" thread, so it takes all sorts. The main thing is we all get on with each other and accept each others' foibles which can be a lack of posting, over posting, taking things too seriously, or not seriously enough.

Anyway I enjoy looking at the development of your system but don't necessarily feel the need to comment. Now I know you'd like a bit of feedback I'll try to be more vocal.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    How you getting on with those subs Charles? SVS has been on my radar for a while...
    They're coming along quite well actually. Finally got around to using REW again... It's been a few years since I used it last.

Spent the past five plus hours playing around with REW and my new Dayton Audio UMM-6 mic, attempting to dial in my system. I'll be the first to admit this room is in need of some major help.

The GR-Research X-Statik's create a huge peak at 74Hz. Keep in mind, these are sealed loudspeakers, and positioned 6' in front of the front wall and just over 3' from the side walls. Even when just by themselves, there's a huge hole that shows up between 35Hz to 50Hz! In any of the other rooms I've had these speakers in over the past 13 years, I've never seem huge peaks and dips like this before.

With the subs active, there's still a huge hole at 43Hz. Also, to help reduce that hole, I had to move the subs back towards the front wall. They are only about 1.5' away from the wall now, instead of the near 6' they were previously when positioned along side the mains. To get a smoother, cleaner transition from the subs to the mains, I had to cross the subs over at 72Hz with a 24dB slope, then dial them in with phase adjustments.

Whenever I get more time, I'll set everything up again and do some more measurements and tuning. It certainly doesn't look good on paper, but there is a vast improvement in overall sound quality over just the "throw them in and tune by ear" method I did when I got these subs. Which is also how I've been listening to them for the past couple months that I've owned them now.

Anyway, a few graphs to chat over...

Mains by themselves...

With subs...

The two above combined, and limited to 200Hz...

I'm Charles.

Changed things up once again... Now running a pair of Revel Concerta2 M16's and my old AudioQuest CV-8 speaker cables.

I'm Peter.

Very nice looking listening room and system,
    cute cat too
    TT: Pro-ject 1.2, Ortofon Blue
    Phono stage: Muffsy
    Cd: Linn Karik