+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Portable amp

Default Portable amp

Wheres the best place within the uk to buy a small portable ,probably cmoy amp ? for use with ipod

Seems to be plenty for sale in china!

Thanks Mark
    Nad C315,Nad C515.Tannoy F1s,Pro-ject-USB Dac

Pro-ject headamp ,Chord Crimson/Cobra2

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Mark - I bought this rechargeable one from ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/portable-headp...item20adf16e9e - absolutely fantastic bit of kit IMHO - and coupled with this cable - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-Super...ref=pd_cp_ce_2 - and a pair of PX100 Sennheisers, I've got a great little headphone system for my ipod classic when in the office.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm notAlone.

Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    (But not rechargeable)

(and I personally prefer a separate on/off switch not built into the volume pot so I can turn it off/on quickly when I get phone calls or interruptions, and then I can go straight back to the same volume without having to fiddle around and reset it.)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Ok lads thanks ,was looking at them ,but went chinese in the end with one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=280420109508

Looks a nicer case also has a Lithion battery as opposed as opposed to old fashioned 9v ,and it smaller .See if it turns up though !! got i for £42 delivered

Mark
    Last edited by Marktdac; 07-11-2009 at 16:18.

Ok got it after only a week ,no bad from china .Never got caught up in customs either?

Whats it like ? Bl@@dy brilliant ! well worth £42 delivered ,well built ,built in lithium battery and charger gives amazeing battery life

Sounds amazeing too for such a small unit got it connected to a pair of Igrados and theres i big improvement over plugin in direct .Infact as far as listening to mp3 player goes i would not go back to listening without one! .Well pleased might even buy another !

Mark

I'm Lee.

Is that a Little Dot?
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Is that a Little Dot?
    It's a little dot Micro Plus.. I have one they are great portables..

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    It's a little dot Micro Plus.. I have one they are great portables..
    Do you know anything about the other Little Dot amps, such as the Little Dot MkIII?
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Do you know anything about the other Little Dot amps, such as the Little Dot MkIII?
    They do quite a few things, tripath amp, DAC, headphone amps with tubes etc etc but i just bought this to try out as i thought my walk about MP-3 player sounded a bit flat & lacking volume.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast