+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phono Stage with USB

I'm David.

gold buttons match the gold headphone socket
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Nobody.

I hate gold

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

The buttons on my Beresford DAC are gold, but the fact is they are very small and you have to go right up to the DAC to see.

Chris

I'm Nobody.

I like to play with myself while looking at the stereo but those gold buttons & headphone output socket arnt doing anything for me..Stan chrome please

I'm David.

I personaly find stans choise of button colour inofensive! I subtle bit of bling on an otherwise understated price of kit!
    I also recon when buying a bit of hifi like what stan makes your buying a bit of the personality of the person who designs it! If you don't like it ... Well frankly it's tough! If it makes you willy go floppy... find another awesome dac that does what stans for the money
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    If you don't like it ... Well frankly it's tough! If it makes you willy go floppy... find another awesome dac that does what stans for the money
    My sentiments as well. I don't like Mondays.

I'm David.

Stan
    im just about to get shot of my current pre amp, this means i am also getting shot of the current phono preamp as its in the pre amp...
    anyway, im concidering a kora3 and a AT(something) ..but, as i like many people am silly happy with the dac's of yours i own i am interested in the usb phonostage.. and more so interested in the option of one with a coax out!
    that said, in my mind going analoge-digital-analoge when i could just go analoge-analoge etc seems like an odd thing to do. as you are thinking of making such a product can you enlighten me as to why i would concidor doing such a thing.. or it it purely so people can use your dac with a record spinner?
    please excuse my complete ignorance
    and when is such a thing likely to be availabe?

Analogue to USB is purely for recording to a PC. Mind you, it is already possible to do that with the TC-750LC that I sell. It even comes with the appropriate lead for the job.

As for why I am doing it: I have a couple of preamps I want to sell in order to make space for other stuff. But I'll then need a method of playing my turntable somehow. I figured out that doig it via the Caiman would be a good idea, if I could come up with a digital phono stage of outstanding quality. Unfortunatley the USB method can only manage RED BOOK standard at 16 bit/44.1KHz. But most recordings in the digital studios are made in anything up to 24bit/96KHz. So why not offer playback at the same rate as the recording studios?
    Just a though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12