+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: Are You Knocking On a Bit?

I'm guy.

Can't remember; have I posted in this thread already?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Can't remember; have I posted in this thread already?
    Dunno. Can't recall who you are.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

More than two and a half years since I last posted on this thread. Eeh, those were the days
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

I came to this thread to post something, now I'm here I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm guy.

Anyone seen my glasses?
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Blimey. Do you recall the pre-smartphone 'dark ages'? I remember when you could walk a mile or so to the nearest phone box and make a call for fourpence .

It was free if your home caught fire and you needed to make an emergency call for the fire brigade. Mind you, by the time you'd walked there most of the house was ashes!
    If I recall correctly, phone boxes had a slot for 2p and (if you were seriously minted) 10p pieces. (Not those crappy little 10p’s you get now, some were even marked as two shillings.) I remember making my Scout survival kit (in a tobacco tin, can’t remember what make, some sort of shag, no doubt) and it was essential to include a few 2p pieces.

There was a workaround though - and this also worked at home, when my Dad bought a lock for the rotary dial home phone. On phones back then when you lifted the receiver there were two “prongs” which then rose up, enabling the dial tone. If you tapped the prong, 0 being represented by 10, you could dial a number without using the dial. Got away with it at home for years as there was no such thing as itemised bills in the 80’s.

On the telephone table there was a tin, and Dad used to put a couple of the newfangled 20p pieces in when he made a long call. He never could work out why there was never much in there, or how I managed to always have a pack of 10 JPS black in my pocket...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Anyone seen my glasses?
    If you’re anything like me, usually perched on top of your head!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm guy.

pardon?
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Geoff.

Anyone seen my glasses?
    I actually need specs to find mine these days.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Anyone seen my glasses?
    Ah, these must be yours, no wonder I couldn't see bugger all.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast