+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AOS-recommended SPPV products - just an idea for a sticky?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Second that. They're good value.
    I think we have to differentiate between products that undoubtedly offer high SPPV (which I agree pretty much all NVA stuff does), and those products that AoS would actively seek to endorse. There's a notable difference between both.

Whilst we have no issues whatsoever with members who use NVA equipment and cables, eulogising about it or recommending it, it's a different matter again it receiving the 'AoS seal of approval', as it were, and thus us seeking to actively promote it. I'm afraid that due to obvious factors (for those who know the history between the NVA owner and here), that simply isn't going to happen.

Therefore, by all means recommend NVA stuff, if you think it's warranted, but understand that because of what I've mentioned above, it will quite naturally *never* feature here in the category of officially AoS-endorsed products, nor will it be allowed to be actively promoted in any kind of commercial sense.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Well, then I guess you need to clarify what 'AoS endorsed' means for the avoidance of doubt. Do nominations need the OK of yourself/the moderation team before they can be given that accolade?

I'm Kevin.

I agree on the Firebottle KIN and AIR. Fantastic value for money.
    I also like the MC5000, but then again I would say that.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Well, then I guess you need to clarify what 'AoS endorsed' means for the avoidance of doubt. Do nominations need the OK of yourself/the moderation team before they can be given that accolade?
    Nope, anything non-NVA, in that respect is fine, as we don't have such issues with any other manufacturer

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Anyone can nominate a product which they think is well worth the money and gives serious value for money, your a member of AOS hence its AOS endorsed. How can the moderation team validate what passes for SPPV?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post

Isn't there increased danger of shilling or kickbacks from manufacturers too? How could anyone tell?
    Yeah i shill and receive kick backs every day, really, do you really think GOOGLE are going to send me nice cheque at the end of the month for simply saying that the Chromecast which costs an earth shattering fourteen quid sounds so amazingly good. They flogged 20x10-6 units (that's twenty million) before this thread was started. DO A REALITY CHECK.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

NVA and Mark Grant will be added later. I would like SPECIFIC products nominated and not just "Any Mark Grant product"' he's realeased quite a few bits and bobs over the years.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm MYLES.

This is a pretty pointless list if you can't actually endorse components that are good value and quality, by virtue of their manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Anyone can nominate a product which they think is well worth the money and gives serious value for money, your a member of AOS hence its AOS endorsed. How can the moderation team validate what passes for SPPV?
    Indeed, the NVA issue aside, anything nominated for endorsement should be (as you say) a *specific* item (or items) within a manufacturer's product range, but also I would suggest, ones that have been subject to extensive discussion on the forum over some time, and where there is therefore a long history of user satisfaction.

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    This is a pretty pointless list if you can't actually endorse components that are good value and quality, by virtue of their manufacturer.
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean. NVA aside (for good reasons, if you know the history), every other manufacturer's equipment is open for endorsement, provided that it's extensively used and recognised by AoS members as offering high SPPV, so what's the problem?

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast